PDA

View Full Version : Best Value Resort? So many choices...

Minniefan68
06-29-2010, 02:37 PM
There are so many wonderful things about all of the resorts at WDW....

We have always stayed at the vacation club resorts, but since we are being more budget conscience, which value is the best? And which buidling specifucally in that value resort? Our children are 9,6,6 and 3 and while we like a little hustle and bustle, we also like a little peace and quiet in the mornings/evenings.

Thanks!

forever a child
06-29-2010, 03:56 PM
I suggest choosing it on the theme you like.

We like the 101 Dalmations and Fantasmic so, so far ASMovies is my favorite. But I still need to visit ASSports & Music.

Daisy'sMom
06-29-2010, 04:04 PM
Although we love them all, POP is the best for us. Don't ask me why, I really could not tell you. We love the food court, the rooms, the pools, and the store.
Sports was the first value we stayed at. After years of spending $$$ jsut to sleep, DH suggested we try a value and we never looked back.:mickey:

Tekneek
06-29-2010, 04:28 PM
All Star Movies and Pop Century are the ones we prefer, because of all the connections to things our kids know and enjoy.

Celakip
06-29-2010, 05:29 PM
Definitely Pop Century. It's newer and is the only resort for the buses.:mickey:

LoganBaileeMom
06-30-2010, 12:53 PM
Stayed at ASMovies 8/2008...nice but they AS Resorts share buses. Staying at POP this time because they have their own buses.

Tigerinvestigator
06-30-2010, 01:07 PM
Another vote for Pop Century. When we have stayed at All Stars it seems like you get alot of the young groups wandering from one resort to another because they are so close and they are more crowded than Pop. Also like posted above there are times the All Stars share a bus and Pop stands alone. As far as which section, we like the 50's section which is on the end nearest the main building. If you choose an All Star resort I would recommend Music in the Jazz Section. It is really pretty at night and we have stayed there twice with no problems.:thumbsup:

Ms. Mode
06-30-2010, 01:39 PM
Definitely Pop Century. It's newer and is the only resort for the buses.:mickey:

...and, it's very festive :mickey:

CaptSmee
06-30-2010, 02:21 PM
go with POP. we have stayed there 3 times. the buses last week were much better than some of the other resorts

princessgirls
06-30-2010, 02:26 PM
My vote is for the POP!

Clean
Very cute Disney theming
Colorful and fun
Buses are excellent and organized

The only drawback is that the walls are a little thin and you can hear toilets flush, but when you think about how much you paid, it doesn't bother you as much! Your in Disney, at a Disney resort for a fraction of the cost of a Deluxe!

Julie:mickey:

azcavalier
06-30-2010, 02:43 PM
Rather than voting for one, I would say that it really doesn't matter as long as you stay away from AS Sports. I say this simply because this is the one where all of the youth groups seem to stay...little league sports teams, cheerleading squads, etc. This means two things: 1. It's noisier, even later in the evenings, and; 2. the kids tend to be rougher on things, so it seemed a little more run down to us than the other ones.

We loved All-Star Movies, especially the Toy Story area. Andy's Room seen from the perspective of a toy was really cool.

mdricks
07-07-2010, 02:46 PM
With a crew that size i would look at the family suites at all star music. They are very well set out. Mom and dad get a queen bed. it has plenty of room for four kids and a small kitchenette with micro and fridge (and coffee)

Pirate Granny
07-07-2010, 08:32 PM
Currently the only option without getting adjoining rooms would be the family suites at the all star music..until the newest section across the lake from the pop is opened. There are no value resorts that will allow six persons in one room
:pirate:

Pixie Power
07-07-2010, 11:50 PM

Agreed. :thumbsup:

Belster
07-08-2010, 02:55 PM
Of all of the places I have stayed I love Pop....by far it gives me the best magical feeling while on property. Plus....you save a ton of money.

We are by far the happiest at Pop!!!:mickey:

Dedivah
07-08-2010, 03:13 PM
Another vote for POP :number1: