PDA

View Full Version : Which Park Should I Spend New Year's Eve At ?

Donald Duck
06-29-2010, 01:59 PM
I've been to DisneyWorld over 20 times so far but I've never been there on New Year's Eve.

Which park is the best to spend it at ?

I was thinking Disney Studios because they have Lights ! Camera ! Happy New Year ! Fireworks that night only plus it's EMH at Disney Studios that night so the park will be open until 3:00 AM.

Give me your opions please.

:mickey:

Donald Duck

disneymom15
06-29-2010, 02:41 PM
We've only been there once on New Years eve. We did Studios, Wouldn't do that park again. The park did a complete 180 (heavy smoking, drinking, and loud roudy people) not for us. We'd probably do MK next time. Just my opinion.

KAT1811
06-29-2010, 02:51 PM
Being a family with young children and taking the drinking factor into account I would probably go to the MK.

The crowding issue would most likely be best at Epcot.

I suppose I would go to Epcot and if I saw roudy, drinkers i would hop to the MK.

I went to WDW once on NYE and I wouldn't go again. The crowds were too much for me I like it on the quiet side.

Good luck!!!

Donald Duck
06-29-2010, 03:10 PM
We've only been there once on New Years eve. We did Studios, Wouldn't do that park again. The park did a complete 180 (heavy smoking, drinking, and loud roudy people) not for us. We'd probably do MK next time. Just my opinion.

Thanks disneymom15.
Disney Studios is out.
That leaves the MK and EPCOT.
Anyone have any bad experiences at either park on New Year's Eve ?

Donald Duck
06-29-2010, 03:15 PM
Being a family with young children and taking the drinking factor into account I would probably go to the MK.

I suppose I would go to Epcot and if I saw roudy, drinkers i would hop to the MK.

I went to WDW once on NYE and I wouldn't go again. The crowds were too much for me I like it on the quiet side.

Good luck!!!

Thanks KAT1811.
I think that EPCOT would be the least crowded of the three parks given it's size.

I too like to go when it's not crowded but with one daughter in college and the other in middle school the week after Christmas is the only time we could go.

RedSoxandPatsfan
06-29-2010, 04:50 PM
This past year we went to MK on NYE. Jam packed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had birthday FPs for our group so it made it more bearable. Standby for the mountains was between 1.5 and 3 hours. It was still fun with all the people there. Fireworks at Midnight were incredible. Seeing as DHS was insane crowds on the 30th I would guess Epcot would be packed on NYE also.

That all being said we all still had a great time although I don't think we'll go back during that time frame again. Very happy to have experienced it. As long as your prepared for the crowds and wait times it can be an awsome time too go.

#1donaldfan
06-29-2010, 06:06 PM

Good luck!!!

We did NYE at MK and let me tell you it was insanely crowded....and reportedly from cast memebers so were the others that particular year.....MK did not reach capacity either, I couldn't imagine if it had !! The fireworks were in a 360 degrees and were FABULOUS !! As far as hopping over to another if one is not to "taste"...I wouldn't do that at all....I'd hate to show up and be turned away...EC that year, as told to me from my sister had people camping out EVERYWHERE.....laying on blankets in the grassy areas n such....too crowded for me !! I'd say go to MK and prepare to see lots n lots of people, shoulder to shoulder...oh yeah, they started finding viewing spots at 5 pm for the midnight countdown.....I know it doesn't sound like it, but we had great time !!!!:mickey:

Daisy712
07-01-2010, 08:38 AM
MK hands down. I have been there three times for NYE. It is insanely crowded, but it is a great time. We have gone when they were small to when they were preteens. We have had no problems. We stand near the confectioner's shop to watch the midnight countdown and fireworks. You can see all the way down main street which has a few added surprises. Then you are at a good point to head out or hang out for a couple more hours. Very, very fun!!! Disney passes out noisemakers and hats at different stations around the park. You can ask the nearest CM and they will direct you. Have a great time.:party:

Donald Duck
07-01-2010, 08:53 AM
MK hands down. I have been there three times for NYE. It is insanely crowded, but it is a great time. We have gone when they were small to when they were preteens. We have had no problems. We stand near the confectioner's shop to watch the midnight countdown and fireworks. You can see all the way down main street which has a few added surprises. Then you are at a good point to head out or hang out for a couple more hours. Very, very fun!!! Disney passes out noisemakers and hats at different stations around the park. You can ask the nearest CM and they will direct you. Have a great time.:party:

Sounds great Daisy712.
We're either going to the MK or EPCOT.