PDA

View Full Version : Poly and kids?

KAT1811
06-29-2010, 12:29 PM
I was just wondering if the Polynesian does anything special for children? Or anything that the children may enjoy. I will be staying there with my three youngest children for 5 nights before Dh and our oldest join in the fun. My children DD6, DD4, and DS1 1/2. My parents will be with me and I am planning on taking it slow and relaxing a bit before the rest of the "tribe" comes in.

DH and our oldest DD are joining us on the 20th
My Aunt and Uncle are coming in for a day on the 21st (my 2 cousins may also come)
My cousin, her DH and their 4 children are coming into the area on the 24th
DH's Uncle and cousin are joining us on the 26th

It's going to be quite a trip this year!!! We have never stayed at the Poly and I would really like to be able to do some fun new things with the little ones while we are there.

:thanks:

Tigerinvestigator
06-29-2010, 01:06 PM
The Poly is my favorite resort and our kids absolutely love it. They have the Neverland Club (or at least they did last time we stayed there) which is great for younger kids. If you have the opportunity to watch wishes from the beach it is fantastic. The fireworks appear to be directly behind and over the castle and they "pipe" the music onto the beach. The pool area is among the best outside the Yacht and Beach club. You have access to all of the watersport activities, and then there is the electrical water pageant that comes by on the 7 seas lagoon each night. Ohanas is very family friendly and another great place to watch wishes while you eat.:thumbsup:

TammiMcMan
06-29-2010, 02:47 PM
There are a lot of things for the kids, here are a few that I know of:

Arts & crafts
treasure hunts
pool games
storytime
hula dancing lessons
tiki torch lighting
campfire sing along & movies at the GF

When you check in, I believe you'll get a resort activity sheet, that details everything that's going on.

KAT1811
06-29-2010, 04:11 PM
Great! Thank you very much I know that so many love the Poly and know all the ins and outs so I figured I'd ask. It never occured to me that they would have a sheet at check-in.

Mary Poppins fan
06-30-2010, 02:20 PM
The Poly has a ton of things to do for the kids. My DDs(9) love the hula lessons and the tiki lighting ceremony. They've made leis and towel animals. You can also rent the boats and bikes and play on the beach. Have a great time! :cloud9: