PDA

View Full Version : Just a "sense of humor" question

nicjohn3
06-29-2010, 09:20 AM
This ? is just for "fun". We were on Test Track last week and someone else in our car was wondering if anyone has ever lost a hair piece while riding on this ride. I just thought that was very possible as some do not know what the ride is about the first time riding.

Not to offend anyone, but has oneone lost this or any other item on a ride??

(You can tell I am home for the summer and not much to do :secret:)

Thanks

SBETigg
06-29-2010, 09:58 AM
I haven't, but wouldn't that be wild? Or dentures, maybe? Flying dentures, watch out!

The only losses for us have both been of my son's doing, and on separate rides. On Big Thunder Mountain Railroad he (yes) failed to hang on to his hat (wasn't wearing glasses). What was he thinking? Lost a great new hat on the wildest ride in the wilderness! And he accidentally left his cell phone on Space Mountain. We reclaimed it at the TTC's Lost and Found (yes, they had it!). But he hasn't lost anything on Test Track. Yet.

Mickey'sGirl
06-29-2010, 10:03 AM
I don't sport a wig myself :blush: ... but I did lose my beautiful sequinned Minnie Mouse Ears headband last summer on RnR. The restraints went up, and pulled them clear off and tossed the headband onto the track below.

.... I did hear that there is a wooden leg named Smith in the unclaimed luggage over in Adventureland though..... ;)

Missy_Mouses_Dad
06-29-2010, 10:12 AM
I lost a treasured Packer hat on splash mountain. The thing could stand in a corner by itself, so I think the significant other was glad to see it go.

nicjohn3
06-29-2010, 10:20 AM
I lost a treasured Packer hat on splash mountain. The thing could stand in a corner by itself, so I think the significant other was glad to see it go.

:mickey:

Jeniflower
06-29-2010, 11:22 AM
I lost my favourite sunglasses on Test Track the first year we went. i had them hooked in the front of my shirt and they just went flying. its been a running joke with me and my sister every year since

TheDuckRocks
06-29-2010, 11:46 AM
My 60 something sister didn't lose her hair but it was sticking absolutely stright up and slightly back. Funniest sight ever and we were laughing so hard we forgot to take a picture. I think it was because of all the hairspray she uses.

Missy_Mouses_Dad
06-29-2010, 12:21 PM
I have slowly been losing my hair and now know that it is due to an accumulation of the rides at WDW.

True story: Last week we were at Studios, and I took off my hat to dry off my dome. the comedians were doing their schtick on the street, when the officer, who is looking for the missing person and only has a drawing of a bald man smiling, holds the picture up to me, assured that he has finally found the person on the drawing. The wife and daughter got a kick out of it..as well as a number of people who were on the street.

Goofeygal
06-29-2010, 12:44 PM
I think it would be funny to see.:mickey::thumbsup:

Ms. Mode
06-29-2010, 01:23 PM

Hey! I think I saw that hat laying on the dock when they were cleaning out SM in January...lol...really! :mickey:

nicjohn3
06-29-2010, 01:49 PM
[QUOTE=SBETigg;2071380]I haven't, but wouldn't that be wild? Or dentures, maybe? Flying dentures, watch out!

Don't want to be behind that car!!

Zawadi
06-30-2010, 04:23 AM
Don't want to be behind that car!!
Our worst expeience wasn't at WDW but at Thorpe Park near London, UK.

On a ride call Vortex, 32 people sit in a circle facing inwards. The seats are arranged in blocks of 4 with each block of seats being on the end of an arm that extends from a central pendulum arm. The floor drops and the ride starts to rotate clockwise around the central pendulum arm. Slowly the pendulum starts to swing (whilst the seat arms are still rotating).

Halfway through the ride let's just say that one lad "lost his lunch". All 32 people wanted the ride to end ASAP:)

Cinderelley
06-30-2010, 04:52 AM
One day when we were going to AK, I used the "chopsticks" to put my hair up. They went flying when we went on Dinosaur. Lol

Wishmaker
06-30-2010, 07:25 AM
Lets see; My dad lost a hat on Splash Mountain, a few years back my daughter lost her autograph book on space mountain. She was heartbroken, we never retrieved it. This past year, while loading splash mountain, my daughter went to take off her shades and kerplunk off her head they went slid onto the back of the boat and into the water before she could catch them. :(

LauraByTheSea
06-30-2010, 08:18 AM
I had just purchased a hat at MK and went on Splash Mountain. Went down the hill, hat flew off... Luckily no one was in the last seat... except my hat!

grumpyguy
06-30-2010, 09:11 AM
No piece here,but that would be hilarious!!!
how 'bout the ride photo on the ToT!!
a hair piece "floating" on the way down...good stuff:thumbsup:

Mufasa
06-30-2010, 10:01 AM
Strangest item I can think of that was turned into lost and found at Disneyland probably has to be a toilet seat which went unclaimed (and turns out to not be too uncommon as WDW has had training potties show up in lost and found and get claimed later).

These days sunglasses are probably the most commonly lost item, followed by hats and then cell phones and cameras.

When dentures show up a lot of times it's because someone has taken them out while they're eating somewhere and forget to take them with them though how that happens still puzzles me (wouldn't you realize you didn't have your teeth with you?)

There was a gentleman many years ago who had a glass eye pop out while riding Space Mountain in WDW and that was successfully recovered and returned to him.

Flying hair pieces probably occur the most on Splash Mountain and good luck getting it back if it's traveled through the flume system (if it does get recovered which has happened then it is pretty nasty by that point).

Among the highest value item that was turned in and successfully returned to the owner probably is a wallet with around $18,000 in cash at Disneyland. And someone left behind a full size color TV just sitting in one of WDW's parking lots years ago.

And the more unusual items found at the bottom of the Rivers of America in Disneyland when they've been drained for refurbishment include a full bottle of rum, a computer tower case, half a canoe and a toaster.

nicjohn3
06-30-2010, 10:13 AM
Are you serious????--1/2 a canoe???:confused:

Mufasa
06-30-2010, 11:10 AM
Are you serious????--1/2 a canoe???:confused:

To clarify, it was a show prop canoe and is often incorrectly reported that it was one of the Davy Crockett attraction canoes. Late one night was set out in the water, and wasn't designed to be river-worthy so it sank.

Now the Gullywhumper on the other hand...

nicjohn3
06-30-2010, 11:14 AM
:mickey: Well that explains it -:thumbsup:

T-Belle
06-30-2010, 11:57 AM
A couple of years ago as my brother is getting into the boat at Gran Fiesta Tour Starring The Three Caballeros he dropped his cell phone through the 1 inch(if it's even that wide) space between the platform and the boat!!! I wouldn't have believed it would fit if I didn't see it with my own eyes.

princessimagineer
06-30-2010, 01:52 PM
HAHA i love this thread. i always wondered what it would be like after closing to turn on the lights in space mountain and just look at the floor below.

no funny stories from me, except my friends phone flew out of her pocket on a roller coaster in Six Flags, she replaced it.

nicjohn3
06-30-2010, 02:02 PM
A couple of years ago as my brother is getting into the boat at Gran Fiesta Tour Starring The Three Caballeros he dropped his cell phone through the 1 inch(if it's even that wide) space between the platform and the boat!!! I wouldn't have believed it would fit if I didn't see it with my own eyes.

Now if he had to do that for million dollars it would never have happened!

T-Belle
06-30-2010, 06:57 PM
Now if he had to do that for million dollars it would never have happened!

LOL!!!!! That's exactly what I told him!

Joannelet
06-30-2010, 07:43 PM
And the more unusual items found at the bottom of the Rivers of America in Disneyland when they've been drained for refurbishment include a full bottle of rum.....

Wow those pirates take their job seriously in DL LOL :)

magicalmom
06-30-2010, 08:17 PM
And the more unusual items found at the bottom of the Rivers of America in Disneyland when they've been drained for refurbishment include a full bottle of rum, a computer tower case, half a canoe and a toaster.

So now we know where the rum is . . .

IloveDisney71
06-30-2010, 11:04 PM
Among the highest value item that was turned in and successfully returned to the owner probably is a wallet with around $18,000 in cash at Disneyland.

Who carries that kind of cash around with them?! I get nervous if I carry $100 around with me! :blush:

crltkcagle
07-01-2010, 10:42 AM
LOL We don't wear hair pieces so the closest thing we ever lost were hats.

- My dh lost his hat on Ranger Spin in the black tunnel area.
-My Ds lost his hat and sunglasses in Figment at the end when it blows air at you.
-We also lost the batteries out of our camera on the boat ride from MK to GF. Hubby was messing with the camera and the batteries all fell out right into the water! LOL

nicjohn3
07-01-2010, 02:32 PM
Who carries that kind of cash around with them?! I get nervous if I carry $100 around with me! :blush:

Exactly--I'm lucky if I have $1

NewDVCowner
07-01-2010, 02:55 PM
Exactly--I'm lucky if I have $1

Now days I tend to just carry my debit card with me and skip the cash entirely. I'm always digging around under my car seats if I need to park at a meter. ;)

CU Tiger
07-01-2010, 06:03 PM
I did an internet search on this once and found the most lost items at DW. The number one was sunglasses. Others includeded cameras, watches, etc.. There is some things on the list that are both shocking and funny, but I will let you do the search for it. It is funny.

For us, my DD lost one of her shoes, but we did get it back. Not a very funny item, but that is all we have. :mickey:

garymacd
07-02-2010, 09:05 PM
.... I did hear that there is a wooden leg named Smith in the unclaimed luggage over in Adventureland though.....

"What's the name of the other leg?"

hubbyofadisneyholic
07-02-2010, 11:25 PM

Now if it had been a BEARS hat that would have been a tragedy. ;)

wdwvacationeer
07-03-2010, 09:18 AM
The first time we ever went on Space Mountain was in 1977 and my grandma was with us. My grandma is a fancy lady-full make-up, matching jewelry, and she has an up-do to which she coordinates matching scarves to match what she is wearing- and on this day- nice big 1970s sunglasses. You get the picture and she still looks like this today. So, as our car is pulling away the cast member is telling her to secure all her stuff and since she didn't want to disturb her look she just pulls her scarf down over her eyes and ears and off we go- we must have looked ridiculous- two little girls and their fancy masked grandma. So, we get off and grandma is all happy I think just to get off alive and intact and later that day she leans over the riverboat to look at something and loses an earring! We thought this was hilarious since she had survived Space Mountain in one piece!

SandmanGStefani24
07-03-2010, 02:20 PM
wow, i cant believe Ive never lost a hat. the CMs at Test Track always are nice and warn me before we take off but I left it on the 2nd time I rode it and it stayed put.

The closest Ive come to losing a hat (or anything for that matter) was on a ride at another park, called Poltergeist. (think RNR coaster but outside) I felt it starting to go, but the G forces were so strong all you could do was hang on and hope it was still there when it was over. :D It was...

#1disneyfan
07-04-2010, 12:20 PM
A few years ago myself, DH and DD were battling the waves at Typhoon Lagoon. My DH and I both managed to loose our prescription glasses. Not sunglasses, the regular ones! Yeah I know it was stupid to wear glasses in the wave pool, but we couldn't see! Well luckily someone found mine when they stepped on them. We never did recover my DH. I spent the rest of the day seaching the wave pool for them while DH and DD did some rides. My glasses were all bent. The worse part was we were heading to SW Florida after TL. I had to wear my glasses sideways to drive and we had to stop at Pearl and buy my husband new glasses. Thank goodness they had his Rx in stock and did them immediately for us!

What a trip that was!!!!
:mickey:

MKFD43
07-04-2010, 06:38 PM
When I was little my uncle lost his dentures at Typhoon lagoon in the lazy river. He was entering one of the tunnels and started to laugh at sonething, as he hit the water fall.. Well the water hit him in the mouth knocking out his teeth which were propelled down river by the current. We were all scouring the bottom trying to find them whe some kid about 200 yards down steeam yells to my aunt "HEY LADY ARE THESE YOURTEETH?" as he was holding them up over his head for all to see.

magicofdisney
07-04-2010, 09:55 PM
When I was little my uncle lost his dentures at Typhoon lagoon in the lazy river. He was entering one of the tunnels and started to laugh at sonething, as he hit the water fall.. Well the water hit him in the mouth knocking out his teeth which were propelled down river by the current. We were all scouring the bottom trying to find them whe some kid about 200 yards down steeam yells to my aunt "HEY LADY ARE THESE YOURTEETH?" as he was holding them up over his head for all to see.
That is SO funny! :D

ThunderChunky21
07-07-2010, 10:53 AM
Funny story about the teeth!

This isn't Disney World related, but does relate to the original post. Some friends of mine who lived in Orlando two years ago worked across the street from Universal Studios (:thedolls:) and had annual passes there. While my friend's in-laws were visiting, they rode the Jurassic Park ride, which is similar to Splash Mountain in the size of drop and its water-based. :coaster: During the plunge they noticed something whizz by them and immediately noticed the person in front of them frantically patting his head. The man said he lost his hairpiece and asked if anyone was able to grab it. No one did and they wouldn't stop the ride to find it, but they did give him a free hat apparently. In the ride picture (which my friend didn't buy but should have), they could see the man's hairpiece lifting off his head.

Tinksmom
07-07-2010, 12:11 PM
My DD had a beautiful handpainted Donald and Daisy Duck hair bow before we rode EE last time. By the time we got off the ride....it was gone. The only thing we could figure out is that the Yeti really liked it and decided to take it to give to his own DD.