PDA

View Full Version : Need help ...who is right??

aurora, ariel, and bell
06-28-2010, 10:40 PM
OK my DH and I have a bet going. At the Hollywood Studios backlot tour, has there been any changes to the catastrosphe canyon over the last few years. I can't remember what I felt was different, but when we went last September, I am sure something was. Please help settle this bet:number1:

DisneyLuver91
06-28-2010, 11:25 PM
I've noticed that there is little to no fire on the right wall of the canyon anymore. (The right side of the bus, if that helps?) I'm having issues describing what I mean, but hopefully it is understandable. Maybe that's been different?

retiredfigment
06-29-2010, 08:06 AM
I know when we went on the Backstage Magic Tour a few years ago, they mentioned that it has been toned down considerably from when it first opened. I assumed they meant less water, less fire. I know we went on the first year and it was pretty intense.

vicster
06-29-2010, 09:38 AM
I didn't notice any difference last September. I sat on the left side and got totally drenched!

hokies4life
06-29-2010, 01:01 PM
I didn't notice any difference last September. I sat on the left side and got totally drenched!

I believe we went on it last August and I got my Fiancé to sit in the far left side and get soaked! :thumbsup:

I could definitely feel the fire too so it didnt seem different to me.

Dznygrl79
06-29-2010, 01:49 PM
The last time it changed was 2002, I am not 100% if that was the most recent update or not, however on The Travel Chanels Season of Disney Specials last weekend they mentioned the changes, mostly to props. Hope you get the answer you need!!

crazypoohbear
06-30-2010, 09:21 PM
I think they toned down the fire, water and the shaking of the tram.
I don't like it as much since they got rid of the houses and such on the beginning of the tour.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-04-2010, 12:34 AM
This ride is a ghost of what it used to be. They took over a lot of the ride area to open Lights, Motor, Action. Is that what you mean?

Joannelet
07-05-2010, 12:42 PM
As far as I know Catastrophe Canyon is the only area that hasn't changed since opening.
Although they may have scaled down a little bit on the fire/water....

DisneyLuver91
07-05-2010, 01:23 PM
I don't like it as much since they got rid of the houses and such on the beginning of the tour.

Agreed. I miss seeing the Golden Girls house. :(

#1disneyfan
07-05-2010, 08:44 PM
I too miss the old homes and stages. I personally think the tour is a little boring. Needs some updating!

:mickey: