PDA

View Full Version : Cinderlla Castle

xo0ally
06-28-2010, 10:01 PM
Not that i would ever be able to afford it, but how would one go about being able to stay in the room at Cinderella's castle? And how much do you think it would cost per night?

IloveDisney71
06-28-2010, 10:09 PM
They made Cinderella's suite for the year of a million dreams promotion (I think that's what that promotion was called). You could only win a night's stay in the room during the promotion. I don't know what they do with the room now. I'm sure they must still use it for special guests or something. I'm sure someone else on here will know. As far as I know, you can't rent the room. I'm sure if you could it would be REALLY expensive!!! I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to stay there. :blush:

Fastpasssteve
06-29-2010, 02:58 AM
The Cinderella Castle Suite is not for rent. At some point in the future, that may be possible...like millionaires buying a seat on the Space Shuttle or on the International Space Station, but that is not the case now or in the forseeable future.

But, it's a lovely thought.

eas423
06-29-2010, 09:46 AM
Unless you are a celeb...if I recall correctly, Tom Cruise and family stayed there when they went to WDW for Suri's bday.

ILoveMickey'77
06-29-2010, 01:21 PM
We went on the Keys to the Kingdom tour back in April and the tour guide said you cannot rent the suite at all.

There has only been one instance of someone renting the suite, and it was Tom Cruise. Apparently the entire property was booked so Disney did allow them to stay in the suite, but it's my understanding they had to get the head of Disney (like I think all the way up to Rober Iger) to approve it.

It's not really meant to be an experience you can buy. It's a once in a lifetime experience. They gave away nights during The Year of a Million Dreams and I believe some other special families get to stay there as well (maybe some Make-A-Wish).

Funny story about the Year of a Million Dreams, one day they were giving the suite away to the "x" person to ride Pirates of the Caribbean that day. The guy who won ran away from the Cast Member thinking that they were trying to see him a timeshare. :oops:

Daisy'sMom
06-29-2010, 01:29 PM
I hope it never becomes a place for the rich and famous. And I resent the fact that Tom Cruise and his family were allowed to experience that because of who they were.
If they keep rewarding the room to regular guests, that's one thing. But allowing an over indulgent actor, that's another. Next they will close the park for Brad Pitt and his family.:sick:

Ian
06-29-2010, 03:43 PM
You could win it during the Year of a Million Dreams, like we did! :D

But as far as I know, it's not available "for rent" at this point. If it was, I'm quite certain it would go for at least $10,000 to $15,000 a night. That's pretty typical for the top tier suites at most resorts.

Fastpasssteve
06-29-2010, 04:33 PM
Perhaps they let Tom Cruise stay in the suite to keep him away from all the normal guests. This might have been a move to protect all the other guests from him.

His behavior has been erratic the last few years.

T-Belle
06-29-2010, 05:46 PM
I hope it never becomes a place for the rich and famous. And I resent the fact that Tom Cruise and his family were allowed to experience that because of who they were.
If they keep rewarding the room to regular guests, that's one thing. But allowing an over indulgent actor, that's another. Next they will close the park for Brad Pitt and his family.:sick:

I agree. The suite should not be for only those with wealth. I would like to see it used for families and children from Make A Wish. And maybe as a prize give away.

Scar
06-29-2010, 07:34 PM
The suite was built by, and is owned by, The Walt Disney Company. They should be able to, and can, do as they please with it.

Bethanymouse
06-29-2010, 11:18 PM

I agree with you and couldnt have said it better.

Bethanymouse
06-29-2010, 11:18 PM
Perhaps they let Tom Cruise stay in the suite to keep him away from all the normal guests. This might have been a move to protect all the other guests from him.

His behavior has been erratic the last few years.

Hilarious! But I would think they would be worried he might ruin the upholstry on their couch......if he jumps on it

Ian
06-30-2010, 06:20 AM
The suite was built by, and is owned by, The Walt Disney Company. They should be able to, and can, do as they please with it.True, but you can't argue that they should most definitely consider the PR implications of renting out Cinderella's Castle to the highest bidder.

For a "We're family friendly and charitable and oh-so pure as the driven snow" company like Disney to do something that has risks and rewards. Sure, the potential revenue stream is juicy but at what cost?

Then again, this is the company that just built a neighborhood of $1m+ homes in the heart of Disney World, so I guess maybe they're not that worried about PR. :secret:

MOJoe
06-30-2010, 11:02 AM
You could win it during the Year of a Million Dreams, like we did! :D

But as far as I know, it's not available "for rent" at this point. If it was, I'm quite certain it would go for at least $10,000 to $15,000 a night. That's pretty typical for the top tier suites at most resorts.

First of all, you are incredibly fortunate to have won a stay at The Castle. And all of us here on this site are lucky to have your insights. But you may have drastically underestimated the price for a castle stay. If Tom Cruise has been the only one to "rent out" the castle, but only due to the fact the entire park went with it, wouldn't the cost be more like one Million? I'm thinking in terms of how many dollars a "hard ticket" event brings in. Fifteen grand is chump change in comparison.

I agree that Disney owns the Castle and can do with it as they please. But honestly, if the public had the chance to plunk down $15,000 for a night in MK, i would wager the Suite would be booked every weekend. There are plenty of rich people that could to this. But limiting it to the few that can rent the entire park would cut out a lot of the riff raff.

And lastly, why couldn't that CM who gave me "Year of a Million Dreams Mouse Ears" have presented me with a night at the Castle? :D

A once in a lifetime experience, indeed!

Rekenna
06-30-2010, 01:18 PM
Unless you are a celeb...if I recall correctly, Tom Cruise and family stayed there when they went to WDW for Suri's bday.

:ill::sick::ack:

[QUOTE=Ian;2071519]You could win it during the Year of a Million Dreams, like we did! :D
QUOTE]

SWEET!:thumbsup:

To the OP, when I win the lottery I will let you know!:secret:

It would be nice if it was reserved for Make-A-Wish children-they need it and deserve it the most!:mickey:

Imagineer1981
07-01-2010, 12:12 PM
They invested alot of money into doing that suite and i highly doubt it will go unused for too long. I do think you will have to pay for it though. There is a lot that goes along with the suite, and Ian will have to fill us in more, but I understand that there is a CM who kinda guards the hallway so you can't leave after park hours, and not to mention room service, maid service, etc that all goes along with a hotel room

PrettyMinnie
07-01-2010, 11:18 PM
Imagineer1981: I agree, what is the point in investing that amount of money for a beautiful suite to sit empty? Especially when there are people willing, if not begging to pay for it. Seems silly to me, but they do own it, and can do what they want with it I suppose.

xo0ally
07-06-2010, 02:28 PM
Then again, this is the company that just built a neighborhood of $1m+ homes in the heart of Disney World, so I guess maybe they're not that worried about PR. :secret:

Not to get off topic but i really hate this idea.I think it ruins everything Disney and the magic of Disney.