PDA

View Full Version : Can I ever fall in love with POFQ?

Marymouse2003
06-28-2010, 05:24 AM
I am sooooo spoiled and blessed to have stayed only @ the CR and Poly. Only once, during a fly. reunion, I've stayed @ Allstar Sports. I hated it., BUT.....if I go all alone, which seems to be the way it will be, I must stay @ more reasonably priced resort.....for some reason, I have my eye on POFQ. Can sum1 help me fall in love with it or another resort? I don't care for NOISY places, so I think sum1 mentioned, the FQ was smaller and quieter. Can any1 jump in with some pros and cons? Thanks in advance. Oh, I am dependent upon on ECV to get around. Just wanted to throw that in. THANKS!!!

JoF
06-28-2010, 07:58 AM
I can't see why anyone would particularly dislike POFQ. OK its not a deluxe but then you aren't paying deluxe prices. It is a small quiet resort but with everything you need - all rooms are near to pool and food court. The boat ride to DTD is lovely and makes a change from the buses.
I liked it so much that I am going again next year :mickey:

retiredfigment
06-28-2010, 08:04 AM
We stayed at POR our first trip and eventually moved to WL. We have alternated between the two. POR, POFQ and WL are all beautiful. I like the food courts at POR and POFQ better. I also like the outside atmospher of these two better, very quiet. I am sure you will love it.

rhonary
06-28-2010, 08:51 AM
We never stayed at POFQ only at Riverside...FQ looks nice too... but to me FQ looks more "open" where as Riverside you seem to be more "secluded" ...I'm sure either would be better than the value resorts if you want quiet time!

PetefromRI
06-28-2010, 08:52 AM
It's our favorite moderate.All the other mods have a pro and con list but the POFQ only has a pro list other than it's not the Poly.The price is right for what you get and we can go twice as long by staying there instead of the Poly and with an AP rate it's even cheaper.The foodcourt is very good for what we need and the bus service has always been excellent.The pool and lounge area are very nice and the grounds are emmaculate.We really love the boats to DTD.It's not a deluxe resort but it's still gorgeous.We'll be back in April!

vicster
06-28-2010, 11:53 AM
We usually stay at WL and a couple of years ago decided to try POFQ because friends were staying there. It took me a couple of days to get use to it but now I love it. We stayed there again last September. It's a small resort and everything is in walking distance. Love the streets of the "French Quarter". Should be really easy to get around with an ECV.

faline
06-28-2010, 12:28 PM
It's a very charming resort. We stayed there last year and really enjoyed. We booked to stay there again in May but only spent one night there, unfortunately. We had a mix-up in our reservation and ended up moving over to Coronado Springs.

If you want a moderate with more of the deluxe amenities, I'd suggest Coronado Springs.

Gayle
06-28-2010, 09:12 PM
It's our favorite Mod resort, I think it is the best kept secret there. Very quaint all buildings easily in walking distant, first on bus stop. Just top notch for mod. Enjoy, it is hard stepping down from six key, but we love this one.:D

Melanie
06-28-2010, 09:20 PM
It's actually my least favorite moderate resort, but it sure has a huge fan base here on INTERCOT. Among others things, I just didn't care for the New Orleans/Mardi Gras themeing, and the rooms are dated, IMO.

Like Linda said, a moderate with more bang for the buck is Coronado Springs. First class!

garymacd
06-28-2010, 09:45 PM
Our first experience at WDW was at CBR. I was so overwhelmed. It was too big, too noisy and I just didn't understand it.

Our next trip we stayed at POFQ or, as it was then, Port Orleans. I LOVED it! We all did. It was so quaint, so easy to get around and understand what was going on.

The only thing missing is a Table Service restaurant which closed back in about 2001. But, there is a TS restaurant at POR that is only a short walk away.

There are quiet gardens for some peaceful reading or meditation. I haven't tried yoga in them and I'm not certain whether CM's would allow it. Not because it's yoga in the park, but because I am so bad at it!

As everyone has said, there is only one bus stop, everything is nearby, the pool is cool, jazz music plays at the main building. What's not to like?

Yes, the rooms only have double beds unless you upgrade to a king room. The rooms are a little smaller than WL and the other deluxes, but it is a moderate and not as expensive and the deluxes.

My beloved wife and I find it to be one of the two most romantic resorts in WDW. The other is, of course, WL.

Oh yeah! They have beignets!

Disney Day Dreamer
06-28-2010, 11:04 PM
POFQ is cute and a very good value. Nothing to sneeze at.
But... despite being a bit bigger and more crowded, POR is simply gorgeous and feels more like a Deluxe resort than a Moderate.
If size and crowds are more important, go with POFQ. If themeing and atmosphere is more important, go with POR.

Fastpasssteve
06-29-2010, 03:10 AM
Port Orleans French Quarter is, in my opinion, small and charming. I love walking the grounds in the evening and the pool is lovely. It is not a gigantic resort like some others, so it is easy to get around (on an ECV or on feet).

Some people don't like the theming and the rooms could use an refurbishment.

If modern and fresh are important to you, I would try Coronado Springs Resort (also Moderate), for their rooms have recently been renovated in the section marked "Cabanas." ALL rooms have queen size beds, unlike the other Moderates who have Double size beds.

In Coronado Springs, location is important since it is a large resort. Placement close to the Food Court or Bus Stops or Pools should be a consideration, based on your priorities.

Marymouse2003
06-29-2010, 05:41 AM
Thanks for all the input guys!! I guess, no matter where I stay, I will be happy to be in the world!!!!1:cloud9:

andreallybadeggs
07-03-2010, 07:51 PM
2 words-- warm beignets :thumbsup: