PDA

View Full Version : Crowds during MNSSHP?

frozman
06-28-2010, 01:13 AM
I have kind of an unusual question. I am going to Disneyland in about 4 months. I know this is the Disney World board, but this is the 1st year that they have had the upcharge halloween event at Disneyland park, so I am asking this question here since the responses on the Disneyland board would be about the free event (so please don't move this topic there).
Anyway, what are the crowds like during the actual event? You know, the part after 7pm where you need the extra ticket. How long would the waits be for Space Mountain and the other big rides? This would be in Mid October, the Week before halloween week but the week after Columbus day week. Basically I'm wondering if this brings the in masses to the Magic Kingdom, or makes everyone go running to the other parks.
A coworker mentioned she was at Disney World in October and Everest had like a 2 hour wait on a weekday and she was flabbergasted. I'm wondering if this could be why.

Basically, I am not 1 bit interested in the Halloween festivities, but since I am going to the DL area for something else, I would much rather spend twice the money and get on twice as many rides in half the time. If I can get walk ons to Splash Mountain, Space Mountain and all the other big rides... SIGN ME UP.
On the otherhand, if it draws the masses to the park AND sends the people that are normally there running to the other parks, well then I will avoid visiting the parks on those days.
Thanks!

tinklover
06-28-2010, 08:33 AM
Not sure what all DL is planning on doing for their Hard ticket event , but at MK they have a stage show, fireworks and a parade. I am sure some of the rides would be walk on or a 5-10 min wait during those. We went to the party on Nov 1 last year but did not ride many rides after 7 pm as we were more interested in the party it's self.

DisneyHoneymooners
06-28-2010, 10:48 AM
We have done the MNSSHP at MK the last 4 years. We always go in late Sept. We have found that when we attend on a weekend night the crowds and wait times are similar to those on any weekend that time of year. The last couple of years we have attended on a Tuesday night and the crowds and wait times were shorter than other weekday evenings. Lat year Tuesday night party tickets were even offered at a discounted rate. Keep in mind some rides do not run during the Halloween fireworks.The HM seems to always be a little busier than the other rides maybe because the CM'S are all in costumes and makeup on party nights. If you do go check out the Halloween parade, the headless horseman and other Halloween themed characters and well worth seeing.

Harkleroad
06-28-2010, 10:50 PM
We went last year at the very beginning of Oct. and had a wonderful time. We rode a few of the big ticket rides with less than a 10 min wait. We had my three year old that rode several rides like the Tea Cups and Buzz Lightyear four or five times in a row with no wait at all. There are so many additional activities going on that there seemed to be no crowds on the rides. I have read that the closer to Halloween and weekends are busier but still better than the average day. We have done MVMCP before but liked MNSSHP much more. We loved it so much we are going back the same time again this year.

frozman
07-10-2010, 09:12 PM
Thanks, I'll have to keep that stuff in mind, it really sounds like it would send all the AP holders to the other park, while keeping waits shorter in the Magic Kingdom, so I'll know to either go to the hard ticket event or do something else.