PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else tired of jimmy johnson?

SandmanGStefani24
06-27-2010, 07:53 PM
this lifelong fan of Nascar is considering leaving it behind. It's not fun anymore because it's the same one or two people winning all the time. It's no better than F1 anymore.

SurferStitch
08-11-2010, 09:41 PM
Just saw this now, but....

YES!!!! I am super sick of Jimmie Johnson. Really, really, REALLY sick. He is sooooo vanilla...I've never seen a more boring personality.

Can you tell I don't care for him?

Then again, I see you are a Gordon fan....yeah, don't like him either. Sorry. But, at least he's more interesting than Jimmie. I'm a Junior fan, even though he's less-than-stellar anymore. (That's the nicest I could say it).

JanetMegan
08-12-2010, 11:36 AM
Well in the last few weeks ol JJ has been sort of stinking so I've been happy to see some different personalities up front and leading (and winning!) I don't think the 48 will take the championship this year-but that's just me!

Suz36
08-12-2010, 11:39 AM
Yes!!! I get so sick of hearing the broadcasters talk about him, even when he's not doing anything!! Half the time they show him going around the track, rather than the leaders or some real racing! The other day I saw the ESPN ticker - it listed the top 5 ... and 28.Jimmie Johnson - who cares?? He has made the sport quite boring the last few years.

disneymom15
08-12-2010, 11:49 AM
I agree, don't like him, never did. I also can't stand Kyle Busch.

Hammer
08-12-2010, 02:22 PM
Look, I am not a fan of racing by any means, but I'll give you an outsiders' perspective. While you all call Jimmy Johnson "boring", I see him as coming off as articulate and intelligent in his interviews. I'm sure it will not come as a shock to you that some circles perceive NASCAR drivers as uneducated rednecks (every sport has stereotypes). When someone like Jimmy Johnson does an interview, it could change that image for some.

The NBA tried this when David Robinson was playing. They wanted to try and get away from the "ghetto/gangsta" image so David Robinson was the poster child, and he as far from the ghetto image that you can get. Now, it did not work long term for the NBA but they gave it a try.

Greenlawler
08-18-2010, 01:15 AM
this lifelong fan of Nascar is considering leaving it behind. It's not fun anymore because it's the same one or two people winning all the time. It's no better than F1 anymore.

I have been outspoken about NASCAR ever since I watched them intentionally pick who they wanted to win the cup back when a not so rabidly popular Sterling Marlin mysteriously lost the cup after having the largest points lead in history.
Nascar used to be about larger than life personalities and wild stock car antics. The drivers were allowed to look different, they were all different ages and broke stereotypes. Now says they all look and act similar, they are controlled and caudled. They only want 6 or 7 guys to win every race. Don't believe it? How come the rules are only apply to certain drivers? How come precious Tony, Kyle or J.J. can get away with something Jo Schmoo would be penalized a lap for.
We get a steady diet of JJ because NASCAR WANTS IT THAT WAY. Sure I am sick of it. But I stopped caring a long time ago.