PDA

View Full Version : Need help!!

sisterdisco
06-27-2010, 06:13 PM
I am looking for the right words to surprise my parents with a 6d/5n all expenses paid trip to WDW for their 50th anniversary!!!:party2:

I have a 8 page Mickey paper album kit that folds out (small 3x3 inches) from creative memories and what I want to do, is to come up with some sayings, so lead to the surprise!!

I know the 1st page will be happy 50th anniversary....I am a little stuck as to how to put the rest. . . what I want them to do is not realize the surprize until the last page!

The back side of this album (like an accordion) I will put the agenda for each day, as we got them ADR's at great restaurants! They are also staying at the POLY!! :lei:

Any and ALL feedback is appreciated!!!

MuchLovedMama
06-27-2010, 06:49 PM
I don't have any suggestions but I wanted to say how wonderful I think you are for doing this for them. What a great gift. Hope my kids will do that for me some day. :party:

caryrae
06-27-2010, 07:22 PM
If you could find some pictures new and old and start the first page with a recent picture, then next page they are a little younger, next page even younger and so on as the pictures of them keep getting younger as pages turn, then the last page is when they were kids and say something like "Have fun in WDW, go be a kid again". I don't know maybe that's a dumb idea. Not sure what you could say for each page though.

wdwfansince75
06-27-2010, 07:27 PM
Great Idea....I immediately started gathering pictures of DW and I over the years, in case our kids start putting together our surprise for our 50th...It's only 4 years away!

IloveDisney71
06-28-2010, 09:59 PM
I like caryrae's idea of starting with pictures of them now and then going back to when they were young since we are "all kids at heart" when we are at Disney World.

If they've made trips to Disney in the past you could even incorporate some pics from past trips but not too many so you don't give it away too soon.

I think your gift is great! :mickey::thumbsup:

KAT1811
06-29-2010, 11:34 AM
If you could find some pictures new and old and start the first page with a recent picture, then next page they are a little younger, next page even younger and so on as the pictures of them keep getting younger as pages turn, then the last page is when they were kids and say something like "Have fun in WDW, go be a kid again". I don't know maybe that's a dumb idea. Not sure what you could say for each page though.

LOVE IT!!! Great idea!!! Maybe even a picture of them with you and your siblings as children in WDW. Then say something like, it's your turn to be kids in WDW again! Whatever you do I'm sure the surprise will be amazing!!! Please keep us updated!!! I would love to hear about their reaction!!!

:mickey:

sisterdisco
06-29-2010, 08:50 PM
Thanks everybody!! Great ideas!

caryrae
10-18-2010, 08:04 PM
Just wondering if you surprised your Parents yet and if so how it went?