PDA

View Full Version : Whispering Canyon Cafe

Rosemickey68
06-27-2010, 04:54 PM
Is it good? Is lunch or dinner better?
If someone orders the all you care to eat meal, does everyone on the table have to order it?

buzznwoodysmom
06-27-2010, 05:06 PM
We've done both lunch and dinner. We ordered the all you can eat skillet all times so it was the same meal each time. In the past we've only had the "entertainment" at dinnertime, but earlier this month when we had lunch there we had the best waitress out of all our trips. She really played with our boys, they had the horse races, and it was just a really fun time. Not all people in your party have to order the all you care to eat meal.

faline
06-27-2010, 05:24 PM
We've eaten both lunch and dinner there and both were tasty though it wouldn't fall into my "must do" for every trip category!

retiredfigment
06-27-2010, 06:09 PM
Lunch was great and we had lots of entertainment. No not everyone has to have the all you can eat skillet, just no sharing. Breakfast is yummy too!

GAN
06-27-2010, 06:13 PM
We enjoy the atmosphere and the kids love it(even though they are older now at 13, 17), the food is ok. We had some friends go and they didn't care for it -definitely not everyone's cup of tea.

GBBT
06-27-2010, 06:54 PM
The all-you-can-eat menu is different from a few years ago when we ate there,so we're trying it this year in December.Pulled pork and ribs sound goooodd!:D

4disneynuts
06-27-2010, 07:02 PM
:cowgirl:We go to Whispering Canyon Cafe our first night at the World every trip for dinner. Our teenage girls love it there. We all get the canyon skillet and are so full when we leave there. My younger daughter had her first ever ribs here and now that is all she talks about. We are going for her birthday in December and this is where she picked to have her birthday dinner. If you are looking for a quiet place to have dinner - this is not it. It is full of entertainment and fun for all ages. Mmmmmmm ribs and pulled pork - my mouth is watering! We actually have thought about trying the breakfast here our next trip. Has anyone had that and if so how was it???

Rosemickey68
06-28-2010, 11:39 PM
Thanks everyone!
We have thought about trying it in past trips and just never have and plan on eating there for our up coming trip in January.
It sounds good and hope we have a fun waiter/waitress.
We loved 50's Primetime when they used to pick on you about your elbows on the table, and making you go to the bathroom to wash your hands before eating and then asking you what color the soap was,etc...they haven't done alot of the fun things they used to for sometime now. :(
So although we aren't expecting anything, it sure would be welcome as we think it is part of the fun!

DVC2004
06-28-2010, 11:59 PM
It's good and we usually do dinner. The skillet was great! However make sure you are seated in the "main" area. A few times we were seated in the back annex (closer to Artist Point) and it's not too lively back there. You miss out on alot. Shakes are really good too (my kids love the cotton candy flavor).

mshomeschoolmom
06-29-2010, 12:35 AM
We ate there last year. We are going back this year too... We really enjoyed the skillet and this year my youngest will be on the adult menu. Last year she got the child's skillet and although she liked it there was some things on the adult skillet that she really wanted to try but couldn't. Although we were happy with the food, our server just wasn't into all the fun. Don;t get me wrong or anything she was ok about keeping us supplied with everything but as for as all the fun tactics she just wasn't into it. My husband will drink a gallon of tea in no time and I had heard about the big glass that they bring if you keep asking for refills but she never did. She did keep him refilled. I tried to get my youngest to ask for ketchup but she was to timid to ask. Hopefully we will have a server more into the fun this year..

forever a child
06-29-2010, 07:46 AM
Could someone be a bit more specific as to what they do here? I really don't know. :huh:I hear about the ketchup but I have not idea what that means. Not sure now if is is more than I want to get into. I chose most of my ADR's based on characters, locations or food menus. :blush: Any descriptions of what I should expect would be great.:mickey:

buzznwoodysmom
06-29-2010, 10:35 AM
We ate there last year. We are going back this year too... We really enjoyed the skillet and this year my youngest will be on the adult menu. Last year she got the child's skillet and although she liked it there was some things on the adult skillet that she really wanted to try but couldn't.

That's too bad. We just had the skillet a few weeks ago and our server told us that since my son ordered the kids skillet he could also have anything from the adult skillet.

We had a super waitress, tons of fun. Her name was Roxy and my boys are still talking about how much fun she was. They keep telling us they are going to ask for her next time we eat there.

Hammer
06-29-2010, 10:47 AM
We had a super waitress, tons of fun. Her name was Roxy and my boys are still talking about how much fun she was. They keep telling us they are going to ask for her next time we eat there.

I just ate there about 2 weeks ago and also had Roxy. She was a great waitress. I did not want any of the antics (prefer to people watch) and she was fine with that. Always brought me refills of the items I requested from my skillet (Chicken and ribs only) and my chocolate shake quickly. I really enjoyed my lunch there.

IamBelle
06-29-2010, 10:54 AM
I love Whispering Canyon! I have been there for dinner and the entertainment is great. What I never knew before is that they have "all-you-can drink" milkshakes!! That with the skillet...i'm getting hungry just talking about it!

PlutoPlanet
06-29-2010, 12:11 PM
We eat there every year. DD and I get the skillet. DW never does. It's a lot of fun. In a Disney book a former executive said the idea to add the entertainment elements came from CMs.

sorcerer fan
06-29-2010, 05:29 PM
good, not great food and more than enough for anyone. just make sure you ask for a large soda and when your meal comes ask for the catchup

Cinderelley
07-05-2010, 02:04 AM
Could someone be a bit more specific as to what they do here? I really don't know. :huh:I hear about the ketchup but I have not idea what that means. Not sure now if is is more than I want to get into. I chose most of my ADR's based on characters, locations or food menus. :blush: Any descriptions of what I should expect would be great.:mickey:

Has anyone filled you in yet? If not, PM me.

DisneyFr33k
07-05-2010, 06:39 AM
Hate to rain on the parade, :rain: but we tried it and found the food average at best (being kind here). The tables were so close together we had our bodies squished up against the tables so we weren't bumping a guest at another table. :crowd: Our server would have rather been anywhere but serving tables that night. The entertainment was lacking - not much went on (we were there at dinner). So, we have written that down as "been there, done that, not wasting our time going back".

Hope your experience is better. :fingers:

BigThunderFan
07-07-2010, 10:55 AM
We had breakfast here in January and loved it. My son & I even had the bottomless shakes for breakfast... Fabulous!

We didn't have as many antics, but the kids did love the ketchup part. We are going back next January for dinner and hope to see more antics! We are from KC so the bbq can't be that great compared to what we are used to, but most of our WDW meals are planned around the atmosphere more than the food.

darthmacho
07-08-2010, 02:40 PM
Have had three great experiences there, and I'm looking forward to a fourth this August. I was wondering, however, if the DDP covered the all-you-can-eat skillet? I apologize if it was answered in this post already. I didn't get a chance to read all of the replies.

For the kids' sake, i'm hoping for a rowdy time that night! :mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-08-2010, 02:50 PM
Yes, the DDP can be used for the skillet.

We're fans of WCC too. One time, DD brought so much ketchup to the table beside us that they have her a $1 tip. She LOVED it, and thought it was SOOOO funny.

Enjoy :thumbsup:

crltkcagle
07-09-2010, 10:44 AM
We always eat dinner there and its a must for us every trip! Food is really good!

jrkcr
07-11-2010, 10:36 AM
We enjoyed our dinner there. We were on the dining plan, and we all tried different flavors of the milkshakes. :thumbsup: Thought the food was pretty good too, but then this was our first night on property after a long drive, and we were all starving.

Had a great waitress who played around with our youngest DD(8 at the time) My kids are not the type to go all-out for participating in the activities, but we all enjoyed people watching, and rooting for the pony races, and I got up to do the hokey pokey while my kids just sat there in shock! :D

Rosemickey68
07-13-2010, 04:26 PM
Thanks for the replies. My son is excited about the milkshakes! Sounds good and worth trying! I made an ADR for dinner around 9pm, after MK closes (closes at 8pm). Thought it would be a good way to end the night!

minnielove
07-13-2010, 04:31 PM
We had breakfast at Whispering Canyan Cafe back in 2007 on the sunday morning before heading home and it was fantastic!!!
The food was fantabulous too! Our waitress was great and took me a minute to see that everything is opposite, our waitress hollered and gave rude but funny customer service. Very entertaining.. make sure you ask for ketchup.

7165red
07-17-2010, 05:48 PM
We really enjoy it on xmas day. They have a special xmas platter and it's great, very homey. We just love being at the WL with all the beautiful decorations, and the tree in the lobby is a knock out.