PDA

View Full Version : Hotel for family of 5

xo0ally
06-27-2010, 10:31 AM
My family and i our trying to plan our Disney trip for July 2011. There will be five of us possibly six, and we can't seem to find a large enough hotel that won't cost an arm and a leg. We'd like to stay around $5,000 for a 2-week trip but we can exceed it a little if we must. Does any one have ideas where we can stay, suites would be great, but if we have to get two connected rooms that's probably be ok too. We've done all-Satr Music suites on our last trip and our trying to find some where else. Help please! Thanks in advance!

Jeri Lynn
06-27-2010, 11:17 AM
You would probably need to go with two rooms at a value or deluxe resort. I am not familiar with the family suites at the Value's but they may accomodate 5.

I would highly recommend contacting Magical Journey's. They are the best!

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-27-2010, 12:29 PM
There are a couple of options. If you are a family of 5, you can stay at POR, at the All-Star Music Suites, some of the deluxe resorts can also take 5 in a room.

Once you get up to 6, it gets a bit trickier. A cost-effective option can be cabins at Fort Wilderness, they have a bedroom and a murphy bed in the living room. Since there is a full kitchen, having breakfast and snacks at the cabin can help with the costs.

Again, you might want to look again at the suites at the All-Stars.

Enjoy your planning.

Simba 1
06-27-2010, 03:59 PM
We are a family of five also and share your situation. Disney does not offer many cost effective accommodations for larger families. I agree with the previous posters - probably All Star family suites would be most cost friendly.

I also wanted to mention that I would not rely on getting ajoining rooms. On our last trip our family booked three standard rooms and requested that two of them be ajoining. When we checked into POR - all three rooms were in different BUILDINGS! I was not happy. They managed to move us to the same building within two days, but we never got an ajoining room and we were still pretty far apart /on different floors.

Good luck with your planning

xo0ally
06-27-2010, 08:14 PM
i saw on other website that coronardo springs has a sweet that can sleep 5. Can any one confirm this because on Disney's website i see nothing about it?

xo0ally
06-27-2010, 08:49 PM
Simba1, I did some research and found Coronado Springs does have suites that start at $350 a night and sleeps 6! This is definitly an option for my family now! Hope this helps you as well. :mickey:

chaodj9
06-27-2010, 10:26 PM
My family and i our trying to plan our Disney trip for July 2011. There will be five of us possibly six, and we can't seem to find a large enough hotel that won't cost an arm and a leg. We'd like to stay around $5,000 for a 2-week trip but we can exceed it a little if we must. Does any one have ideas where we can stay, suites would be great, but if we have to get two connected rooms that's probably be ok too. We've done all-Satr Music suites on our last trip and our trying to find some where else. Help please! Thanks in advance!

Best bet is Port Orleans Riverside... Im a family of 5 and its perfect.... My FAVORITE HOTEL

xo0ally
06-28-2010, 12:46 PM
Well our problem is we would like to have 2 bedrooms or 1 bedrooom, or something like that. Because the fifth person coming along with us is a 18 year old boy that is not apart of our family so my parents want their privacy/ own room.

KAT1811
06-29-2010, 11:42 AM
I would say two rooms at a value resort would be the cheapest option and easiest to navigate. It would give you two full baths and you could close the door in between the rooms to give your parents privacy. I find the cabings in FW a little tough to navigate with the internal shuttle then the busses to the parks. Just my :twocents:

The AS suites seem a bit cramped to me.

Keep an eye out for the discounts at villa resorts too. This summer they gave great discounts on 2BR units at OKW. The week following the 4th of July would have run about $2800 or so. I'm not sure if the $5000 budget includes park passes or just accomodations. If it is only for accomodations and you can kick in a little more that may be an option. If $5000 is for accomodations and passes then I think the two value rooms are your best option.

Good luck!!!!