PDA

View Full Version : DVC / AP Question

Simba 1
06-27-2010, 08:00 AM
We are new DVC members and heading home for the first time in May 2011. We have never bought an AP before since we usually travel to WDW about every 18 months.

So my question is - when does the clock start on an AP? Does it start when you buy the AP, or the first day you use it?

We don't have our Member Welcome Package yet, so I don't have a list of perks/discounts. I seem to recall a thread about an 18 month promo on APs running for DVC members until August. I was wondering if I could take advantage of that now, but have the 18 month clock start with our trip in May. :fingers:
Somehow, I'm thinking that would be too good to be true.

Thanks for the help!

DizneyRox
06-27-2010, 08:39 AM
Clock starts when you activate it at Guest Relations.

I'm not sure if you'll be able to get the 18 month version for your May trip. I have only heard about getting 18 months on the renewals until August.

It may be worth giving a call to Member Services (800-800-9800).

chefmickey3
06-27-2010, 08:52 AM
As pp said your clock starts when you activate. I thought the promotion was 15 months for the price of 12 when you renew through August. You may want to look at the cost benefit for your family. We go down every year and get two years out of each AP so about 20 days. It may not be worth it if you are not staying for more than 10 days.