PDA

View Full Version : Resort Guests & Parking

DisneyGiant
06-26-2010, 12:43 PM
We're staying at the Boardwalk Villas coming up soon - and we have family and friends in the Orlando area as well.

What are the rules about parking to visit us?

The scenario we envision is we'll meet up at the park, and then come back to the villa for some together time - and probably go back out to dinner somewhere.

I think we've done this in the past - and the people visiting us had to tell the gate that they were visiting the X family.

Is this still the case?

TammiMcMan
06-26-2010, 01:30 PM
They've become stricter at the resorts that are close to the parks because so many people have tried to bypass paying at the main parking lots. I would let the front desk or concierge staff know that you are expecting company. That way, they can pass that information along to the security guards and they'll be expecting them.

KAT1811
06-26-2010, 04:49 PM
We had company on our last trip and they just had to tell the security at the gate that they were visiting. I don't recall them even asking the name of the guest or checking. then again we were not at a resort close to a park we were at OKW

Fangorn
06-26-2010, 08:05 PM
Our son lives in Orlando and will typically visit us at our resort. We tell them at check-in that this will occur and they have always (maybe we're just lucky) given us a resort parking pass for him to use. If he meets us at the resort instead of a park, he just tells the guard he's visiting us and gives them our name. We've never had an issue.

Steve

TammiMcMan
06-26-2010, 08:27 PM
It definitely won't be a problem for the OP to get a parking pass or bypass the 3 hour limit for their guests (unless it's an unusually busy time of year). It's just a matter of whether they simply show up and give their name to the guards, or if the OP lets them know ahead of time that they're expecting company. I'd suggest letting them know ahead of time, because their lot is close to the parks.

DisneyGiant
07-04-2010, 06:22 PM
Thanks for all the replies! I will certainly alert the front desk to our guests' arrival.