PDA

View Full Version : Marathon Weekend?

Maggio
06-26-2010, 12:42 PM
Hello Friends,

DH and I are planning to take a Bahamian cruise out of Port Canaveral in January and are hoping to tack a WDW stay on. Here's the rub: the cruise would bring us back during the Marathon -- a time we actually like to avoid the parks and diverted traffic pattens, etc.

We're thinking of splitting a resort stay between POFQ and POP, staying at POFQ on 1/7-1/8 and then transferring over to POP from 1/9-1/12. However, in looking for rates I can't find a marathon rate for POFQ. It seems like many of the other resorts have raised marathon rates, but last year the marathon was treated as part of the value season/normal weekend price at the moderates and values. Is this true?

(We usually save money at resorts because we're park commandos, but we're figuring that if we're going to be **stuck** at the resort, we might as well upgrade to a moderate -- if we can't afford our preferred stay at AKL!)

Thanks in advance!
:hug:

Joannelet
06-26-2010, 02:43 PM
My husband just booked for the marathon a couple of weeks ago and he thinks that there was POFQ on the marathon site for the weekend. He remembers it being more than the values (of course).
I would go to that link and do it. He also called but the rates when he called were even higher than what was on line....so he just booked it for the lower rate on line through the marathon site.