PDA

View Full Version : January Surprise Trip Booked for WLV!!!

chefmickey3
06-26-2010, 12:08 PM
I booked a 1 bedroom at VWLfor January 26-30 today! We plan on it being a surprise for the kids. We go every summer but have not taken them in the summer in the last 4 years. Any tips for VWL - especially in the winter?

diz_girl
06-28-2010, 11:23 AM
Get the hot chocolate at Roaring Fork, in your refillable mug, of course. You can then grab a rocker and enjoy. I like sitting by the spring in the lobby and enjoying the sound of the water. It's a great way to end the day.

diz_girl
06-28-2010, 01:28 PM
I forgot to mention to try to be a flag family. When you check in, ask at the front desk CM if there is any availability during your stay. The flag family of the day helps raise the flags on top of WL in the morning. I think it happens around 7:30 am or so, although I can't be sure, as I haven't been lucky enough to do it. Since you will be there during a quiet time of the year, you may have a chance of getting a spot.

MinnieMommie
06-28-2010, 03:09 PM
Nice surprise! We stayed at BLT during January 2010 but took the boat over to WL and then used the walking trails for our daily walks/runs. The property is so nice and this is a relaxing way to spend some family time (the boat ride is nice too). Also, my youngest daughter loves the CS food at WL so that is another good thing to enjoy. :mickey: