PDA

View Full Version : MVMCP - Mickey's Twas the Night Befor Christmas

Marymouse2003
06-26-2010, 05:58 AM
Hi all,
Last time we were in WDW, was 12/08. Saw during MVMCP, Mickey's Night Before Christmas show. LOVED IT!!!!!!!!! Was my only time seeing it. I heard it was cancelled & replaced with some other show....can som1 jump in and give me infor on if it is back or what if any they replaced it with and if it's any good. Appreciate any/all info. THANKS iN ADVANCE!!:mickey:

Strmchsr
06-26-2010, 07:54 AM
I understand it's gone for good. No announcement on it being back for this year. Not sure how good the replacement was. From what I saw on youtube it wasn't too good but someone who saw it in person might think differently.

SurferStitch
06-26-2010, 09:38 AM
The replacement was called "A Totally Tomorrowland Christmas Show" in 2009.

We absolutely LOVED it because it centered around Stitch and his search (or hunt) for Santa. It had great musical numbers that included Mike Wazowski and Buzz Lightyear along with Stitch, too!

We saw it twice during the party, and it was packed with people both times. The crowds really got into the show and had a great time. Now I'm in the mood to watch the video we took! :thumbsup:

faline
06-26-2010, 06:06 PM
We really enjoyed Twas the Night Before Christmas. I was sorry to hear it had ended. We went to the Christmas party last year but didn't go to the new show so I can't comment on that.

Joannelet
06-26-2010, 06:20 PM
We too loved that show and were sooo disappointed when they changed it to Stitch. We like Stitch too but was sad that they switched it to that. We didn't see it however I've heard poor reviews about it though.....but personally I never was interested since the switch.

badkitty
06-26-2010, 06:31 PM
Mickey's Twas the Night was one of my favorite shows. The staging was excellent and the additional music added was clever.

I saw the Stitch show and thought it was boring. It was short and the stage was very small so the choreography was limited. Other folks seemed to enjoy it though. Maybe I was just biased because I really wanted to see Mickey's show not Stitch.

SurferStitch
06-26-2010, 11:05 PM
I do kind of miss the original Twas the Night Before Christmas show, but we always got bored with it. It was a little too long, and a couple times we skipped out before the end.

I like a shorter show because there is so much to do at the party, I didn't like spending such a long time waiting for the other show and then sitting through the entire thing. We even skipped it completely one time because we couldn't get in the first show, and the other shows conflicted with other stuff we wanted to see and do.

buzznwoodysmom
06-27-2010, 05:10 PM
Mickey's Twas the Night was one of my favorite shows. The staging was excellent and the additional music added was clever.

I saw the Stitch show and thought it was boring. It was short and the stage was very small so the choreography was limited. Other folks seemed to enjoy it though. Maybe I was just biased because I really wanted to see Mickey's show not Stitch.

My thoughts exactly. Twas the night before Christmas was my favorite part of MVMCP, and one of my all time favorite shows in WDW. I was so disappointed to learn that it was cancelled. We saw the stitch show last year during the party and were not at all impressed. It didn't give me that warm holiday disney feeling that Twas the night before Christmas gave.