PDA

View Full Version : Pop Century refurb ?

mshomeschoolmom
06-26-2010, 12:55 AM
Does anyone know what buildings have been refurbed at Pop Century? What building are they on now? Thanks

Tink#64
06-27-2010, 02:42 AM
The only definitive answer I can give is that building 4 in the 60's section shows no signs of a refurb! I was a little hopeful that we'd get a refurbed room for our stay 3 weeks ago, but alas no. But even as I say that, I've never noticed any severe aging of any of the rooms we've ocupied at Pop in 5 stays! Our accomdations were spot on as usual! :thumbsup:

wilshade
06-27-2010, 11:01 AM
I'm a long-time Pop fan as well. I think the resort is still too young for a refurb. And, I haven't seen any evidence that one is necessary . . . yet.

hokies4life
06-27-2010, 11:03 AM
I didn't think they were going through a refurb. Like pp said I don't think they've been open long enough for one. I haven't been for a couple years but it didn't seem so bad last time I was there, but I'll see again next week when I'm there.

tyandskyesmom
06-28-2010, 01:58 PM
Oh, yes the rooms have been getting refurbed.

We were in the 70s section at the end of Arpil. We had new bed spreads and matresses, a new paint job, a new carpet, a new curtain between the vanity and the rest of the room, new furniture, and a new flat screen TV.

The only part we did not like was that there are less drawers to put your things into.

We loved the seperation of the vanity area especially with growing kids who want/need more privacy. We loved the new carpet with the puffy hidden Mickeys all over it. The bed spreads were sofy and fluffy!

TikiLounger
07-09-2010, 11:04 AM
We stayed in room #1306 (50's section....preferred) from June 14-18 and it was definitely due for a refurb. I was a bit disappointed by how rundown it seemed. I have to add that we'll never stay in a value resort again. Nothing wrong with the resort at all...just too crowded and stressful for us.

LandFan
07-11-2010, 10:59 PM
Oh, yes the rooms have been getting refurbed.

We were in the 70s section at the end of Arpil. We had new bed spreads and matresses, a new paint job, a new carpet, a new curtain between the vanity and the rest of the room, new furniture, and a new flat screen TV.

Great to know! We request the 70's big wheel building every time we go. Only 138 more days :D