PDA

View Full Version : Extra Room Key

Mitzie
06-25-2010, 08:05 AM
Does anyone know if the resorts will issue an extra room key. A friend would like to get one for her 11 year old son. They do not want him walking around with the card that has the park tickets on it. This key would only be used for getting in and out of the room.

tinklover
06-25-2010, 08:10 AM
I am sure They can request his Tickets be separate from his Room key. Just make sure it is one of the first things asked before they start printing out the cards.

DizneyRox
06-25-2010, 08:46 AM
Tickets seperate from the room key yes...

Extra room key, no. Now that they check KTTW cards for EMH, they don't give out "extras" as they don't want people using them for others. We wanted an extra room key for my parents so they could nap in our room (ALK) if it was more convenient (they were staying at ASMu). We were declined.

We just add them to the reservation now (DVC doesn't charge extra adult fees) and it's all good.

Mitzie
06-25-2010, 09:27 AM
Tickets seperate from the room key yes...

Extra room key, no. Now that they check KTTW cards for EMH, they don't give out "extras" as they don't want people using them for others. We wanted an extra room key for my parents so they could nap in our room (ALK) if it was more convenient (they were staying at ASMu). We were declined.

We just add them to the reservation now (DVC doesn't charge extra adult fees) and it's all good.

:confused:Sorry, confusion on this end. For her son they can print off a seperate key and ticket card, just not an extra key...

DizneyRox
06-25-2010, 09:41 AM
Well, first I'll answer your question, then offer an alternative...

Your friend wants to ask them to seperate the tickets from the room keys. They need to specify this and the first request after saying hello to the front desk CM. I've heard if they get too far, the tickets get linked to the KTTW card. This way, they will have a KTTW card with dining credits, etc on it, and then a seperate ticket for admission to the parks.

Now, I will say, that seperate the tickets because they don't want him to lose the park ticket isn't really a big deal.

A. The ticket will be linked to his biometric reading, so no one else would be able to use it.
B. They can replace the ticket easier if it IS attached to the room key than if it were a seperate ticket.

I'd keep them linked unless they are not planning on using the ticket media for park entry this trip. There's no reason to carry around two cards when one will do. He'll need the ticket for fastpasses anyway, KTTW card won't get him a fastpass. And, he'll need the KTTW card and the ticket for any EMH use.

They probably won't print off two KTTW cards for their son, one with tickets and one without. As I mentioned, they don't want extra KTTW cards out there that people could give to friends that would allow them entry into EMH when they are not entitled. They will only print out as many KTTW cards as there are names on the reservation. Each KTTW card will have a person's name on it.

Scar
06-25-2010, 09:43 AM
I believe this is how it works.

Only people registered get a key. No more. You can seperate the tickets and key so he would have two cards, one key and one ticket, but he would still need the room key for EMH.

Rox, you made your parents stay at ASMu while you got AKL? Nice. ;)

Mitzie
06-25-2010, 10:24 AM
Oh such fonts of knowledge...you guys are the best.:thumbsup:

Michelle15
06-25-2010, 10:31 AM
:mickey:Yes :thumbsup:

wdwfansince75
06-25-2010, 11:49 AM
One other thing to ask for when checking in...Depending on the age of children, and your confidence in them, you can allow charging privileges, as well as DDP usage to the KTTW ....or remove it, if you care to.... In the past, we found this convenient... and a "take away" when it was necessary. They used to let you have different levels of charge limits on the cards...we would let the kids have their spending money as their charge limits....but on the last several trips, our kids, now grown, tried to do that for their kids, and were advised that it was now a yes or no on the charge privilege.

DizneyRox
06-25-2010, 02:27 PM
Rox, you made your parents stay at ASMu while you got AKL? Nice. ;)
Payback for my childhood!

Actually, I think they were already going and we tagged along. I can't do the All-Stars. DVC has me spoiled.