PDA

View Full Version : AK Kidanni trip Report

btown
06-25-2010, 06:22 AM
Well we arrived yest at AK Kidanni...glad I knew not to get off at bus at Jambo house b/c the Mears bus driver did not know we were the only ones going to Kidanni. LOL I asked him and he said, no stay on, I'll take you there. Did online check in but still went to desk..learned they are ironing out the kinks and a member is supp to grab you at the door so you don't get in line. No big deal. Room was not ready so we headed to change and went poolside. THe pool at K is smaller than Jambo House but the slide is awesome. even mom was sliding down. The pool bar only sells drinks, turkey sand, pb jelly, chicken caesar salad... so we jumbed on a bus (any Disney bus b/c the first stop is Kidanni and went to Jambo house) to get grab n go lunch at Mara. Mara was very busy. One of the stinky thinks at Kidanni, is no grab n go food. The store sells plenty of items to buy and cook in your room, but no "fast food". The bus trip over is literally 2 mins. After lunch we sawm at that pool. At 4 pm, still no word on our room. We bused back to Kidanni and our room was still not ready at 4:15 pm. I can't complain b/c everytime we get to Disney our roomm has always been ready by 12 and policy is 4pm. After asking for a cab voucher to Ohana b/c our dinner ressies were at 530 and it was already 4:30, they obliged. At 435 room ready. 1 bdr Savannah and it's gorgeous and HUGE. We dropped our bags and then ran to cab. We were at Ohana by 545 and waited 6 mins for our table and what ever peole were saying tha the food was not good anymore, OUR WRONG! It was great and my picky 11 yr old child said it was the best steak ever! (Who rather eat the kids meals and my 9 yr old had a breakdown b/c he wants adult menu choices.. that another story :) LOL

Well Day 2 is off to MGM and then hopefully back to pool late day for some activities, Community Hall and swimming.

They don't have the nighttime campfires like Beach Club and my kids already miss that but we will find something else. It's very hot here in Orlando but NJ is hotter i hear so oh well. I plan to spend lots of tme at pool area. It's my vacation too, I told the boys! LOL

Single mom vacationing w/ 2 boys in Disney is out! Wish us luck and fun today.

Tinkermom
06-25-2010, 10:02 AM
They don't have the nighttime campfires like Beach Club and my kids already miss that but we will find something else. It's very hot here in Orlando but NJ is hotter i hear so oh well. I plan to spend lots of tme at pool area. It's my vacation too, I told the boys! LOL

Single mom vacationing w/ 2 boys in Disney is out! Wish us luck and fun today.

Kidani DOES have a fire pit area with a Savannah overlook. It is staffed with awesome CM's who will talk to you about the various animals on the Savannah. We all loved heading out there in the evening and relaxing in the rocking chairs by the fire and chatting with the CMs. We talked one night to two female CMs from Africa and learned lots about where they live. Our 8 year old DD even introduced them to Juicyfruit gum! You should check it out some night. Have a great vacation!:mickey:

vizsla
06-26-2010, 05:30 AM
Thanks for the report.

#1disneyfan
06-26-2010, 12:35 PM
Sounds like your off to a wonderful start to your vacation.

Thanks for sharing! :mickey:

faline
06-26-2010, 06:19 PM
Sounds nice.

pdrlkr
06-27-2010, 10:50 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

KylesMom
06-29-2010, 09:36 AM
While your room wasn't ready as expected, it sounds like dinner at Ohana more than made up for the small inconvenience. Great start to your trip! :mickey: