PDA

View Full Version : The LOL of Cats

IloveDisney71
06-24-2010, 10:03 PM
Someone started a post about the LOL of Dogs so I thought I'd do an LOL of Cats.

I have 2 cats and a dog and they are a constant source or amusement for our family.

One of our cats is like an alarm clock:
In the morning when she gets hungry she gets on my night stand and starts knocking things around until I get up to feed her. She'll knock books off, and bump into my face if I'm facing that direction. Yes, it is annoying but it is pretty funny too. She is persistent! ;)

Mickey'sGirl
06-25-2010, 09:41 AM
We had an orange tabby named Siegfried growing up. Siggy thought he was a dog, he would sit in a row with the dogs at the dinner table, waiting for scraps. He would also accompany us on walks with the dogs... trotting behind us while we went ... until we stopped. If we stopped and turned to look at him, he would stop and turn his head, pretending like he was looking at a bush or the grass or nothing at all or anything EXCEPT us, because he didn't want us to think he was following us. He was a great cat. Lived for 20 years.

jrkcr
06-25-2010, 11:29 AM
My cat Smokey(our only female cat) rules the roost around here. She is a beautiful, long haired cat-and she knows it. She slaps the 4 male cats for no reason as they wander by, slaps my 80 lb dog who is terrified of her, and keeps us all as her personal servants. I can call "kittykittykitty" all day long and she will not even glance at me.

Her one un-queen like habit, is that when no one is looking,she raids the trash cans and digs out tissues or pieces of paper to carry around in her mouth. She has a mouth full of trash, and HOWLS like she has some great treasure to show off. She even wakes us up in the night with her trash mouth howling! She leaves a trail of trash all over the house. Classy!! :ack:

NewDVCowner
06-25-2010, 11:40 AM
When I was in high school my family had a cat, Moose. I rescued her from a garbage can at my school (where she was QUITE well fed, may I say) and brought her home. She got her name because one day my mom had a plate of cooked swiss chard that she was eatting. Moose walked up to my mom and ate the entire plate! That cat ruled the roost. We had two dogs, a 50 pound Australian Shepard and a 70 pound German Shepard. Those two dogs were terrified of her. For no apparent reason she'd walk up to them and whack them on the nose. But, at the same time, they'd all curl up together with Moose laying on one of the dogs stomachs, for a nap.

Moose died last year at the age of 21. She was an awesome cat. And, to be honest, I am not a cat person.

plutosnana
06-25-2010, 02:57 PM
Moose died last year at the age of 21. She was an awesome cat. And, to be honest, I am not a cat person.
That's old! I know bearly anything about cats! I didn't know they live that long!

Niecyboo
06-25-2010, 09:28 PM
We just lost the Queen of our household this winter (she was 18) and she ruled with an iron paw. I have pictures of our 100 lb. Lab and our Pug-a-poo both sadly watching her drink from the water dish, becuase they would have to wait until she was done. She would even eat the dog's food. I don't think she liked it, she just did it to keep them from eating.

But as a kitten she was the tiniest, busiest thing you can imagine. When we got her from the Humane Society, she was barely a couple of pounds and almost pure white. She quickly "adopted" a long lavender knee sock I had (don't ask why) she would run around the house with it for hours. It was about twice as long as she was, and she'd run with it trailing between her legs and far behind her. One night she was running non-stop, then suddenly came to a complete stop and fell over sideways. All four legs stiff beneath her. I honestly thought she'd run herself to death, but she'd just fallen asleep without actually stopping.

jillluvsdisney
06-26-2010, 11:06 PM
Great stories. Cats are awesome. The mistress of my house is Fluff. She's an 18 year old rag doll. I've had her over 16 years. She's a very needy, demanding cat. If she could arrange to be petted 24 hours a day, she'd love that.

hokies4life
06-27-2010, 02:30 PM
I've had cats all my life but the two we have right now are our babies. We got them from a family at Ft. Meade whose cat had 6 kittens they couldn't keep. We picked them up as soon as we could once they turned 8 weeks old, and that was 2 years ago.

Both will sleep with us at night but only on the fleece blanket I use sometimes or in their little bed that we keep on our bed, usually not on the bed itself. Going along with that they won't sleep on the actual furniture (sofa, chairs, etc) they will only sleep in an empty box we keep around for them and set on the couch. They also love for us to turn on the tub faucet for some water even though they have an auto-waterer fountain to drink from. Their favorite toy came from the dollar store...a fishing pole with fishies at the end. They will even drag it through the house to bring it to us saying "play with me!". I know we have so many more stories, but these are the cutest and really all I can think up right now. =)

:cat::cat:

Jeri Lynn
06-27-2010, 03:45 PM
My youngest cat Belle is in love with my husband!

Each night when I go to bed, Belle will come down and jump into her little sleeping cube...when my DH comes down she peeks her little nose out and watches him until he gets into bed...the minute he is in bed she jumps out and sits on him. If he's on his side, she's on his shoulder, if he's on his back she's laying on his stomach and if he's laying on his stomach she's on his back! I wake up in the morning to her sitting on him. It's really quite funny! She has a crush!!:blush:

beksy
07-01-2010, 12:00 AM
I have my cat, Minnie (I'm not telling her she was named after a mouse! :minnie2:) that picked up from beside the road a year and a half ago. Her favorite food is sour cream. Her favorite games are to either make me move all the furniture to find all of her toys. She watches me and then when I'm done, she goes to take a nap! She will also wait until someone opens the refrigerator door and use it to jump on top of the refrigerator. She likes to wait until someone is sitting on the chair beside the fridge and then ambush them with magnets! She insists on half of the bed too and loves to watch tv, especially Ghost Hunters and Judge Alex. She is a great cat. I take her with me back and forth to my parent's house and she never makes a peep the entire 4 hour drive and has never had an accident. She's very protective of her carrier and my parent's cats had better not get near it!

Peaches is the family cat. When she was little we would come home to find her dangling from the top of the curtains. Her first year she knocked down 4 Christmas trees. When our dog walks by she slaps him for no reason and she will sit and "talk" to us for a long time. She knows Dad's schedule. If he hasn't set the alarm she still wakes him up at that time and when it is time for him to go to bed she meows and then runs to wait in the bedroom for a treat. She also tries to eat all of her cat food just as Dad gets home. Then as soon as he walks through the door she cries like we are starving her. Peaches and Minnie just stay out of each other's way!

IloveDisney71
07-01-2010, 12:53 AM
I loved reading these cat stories! I thought it was funny that other people had dogs that waited to drink from their water bowls until the cats walked away from the bowls. I think it is so funny to watch my dog just sit and wait for her turn at the water bowl but if she sees a neighborhood cat outside she'll take off after it and I'm thinking, yeah right - you're afraid of our cats! LOL:D

KathyMJ
07-01-2010, 08:51 AM
We have six cats, all of which have some very odd behaviors:)

1. Amy - 14 yrs old. Will eat only specific dry cat food, potato chips and salty foods. She will eat her food only if it's in the blue plastic bowl and sitting in it's usual spot. Oh, did I mention that I have to hold her tail at times when she eats?

2. Poly - 13 yrs. old. Begs for food like a dog. Also has a piece of fur (from craft store when my daughter was building a wigwam in school 8 years ago) and every night between 7:30-8:00 she carries it through the kitchen for about two minutes making a very loud meow/cry noise. Then she puts it down, licks it and leaves it till the next day.

3. Snickers - 11 yrs old (my cat) must sleep ON ME every night. Not very social either. She is a calico

4. Gretel 10 yrs. old (her brother Hansel died 1.5 years ago) Gretel is a very large cat. We believe when she was put under to be spayed that the anestesia affected her. She is our very "special" cat.

5. Oliver - 1.5 yrs old. Oliver is the Banana Bandit. I came down one morning to find the skin of a banana on the floor near the kitchen counter. I asked both kids who did it...of course neither of them owned up to it. Later I went into my office to find a half eaten banana in it's skin on the floor! I then headed into the basement and found another empty peel on the stairs!!
We later caught Oliver STEALING the bananas!!! He actually peels them and eats them. Needless to say, we need to keep them far out of reach from the little bandit.
Oliver also loves to look for the "Printer Monster". Every morning when I print my invoices from the night before, he sits on my desk swatting at, staring at, trying to stick his big ole head into the printer to find the monster that is spitting out all this paper!

6. Winnie - 1 yr. old. Winnie is a scrunnci (elastics for hair) thief. My daughter and I keep them in a ceramic container in the bathroom. One day I went to get one and they were all gone after just purchasing two pkgs. We later caught Winnie on the toilet with her paw in the canister. I moved the sofa....found 19 of them!

disneycutie165
07-01-2010, 04:25 PM
These stories are so adorable! I just love cats! Being scared of dogs, I've grown up just around cats. I have 4 cats, two grown and 2 kittens!
:cat::cat::cat::cat:

Hunter- the King of our house! Hunter is so weird, only eating cat treats, pound cake and ice cream ( I always say he has a sweet tooth lol!) He doesn't purr and when we let him in the house he literally talks! He grunts and makes this noise at the back of his throat and he does it all the time. He talks to us! We'll say something to him and he'll make that little noise- so cute! His favorite show is "American Chopper"- for reasons I don't know why! And he loves watching "Lion King", "Narnia" and "The Aristocats"- all the movies with cats!
Dot- Dot is such a sweet girl! She is a calico and so adorable! I rescued her from the humane society. Being a volunteer working with cats you get to take them out of their cage & pet them. Whenever i was playing with her and another cat would come by I would pet the other cat and Dot would get so jealous! She would grunt at me & rub her head on my face! I love Dot!
Pixie & Devon- my two precious kittens! These two little girls are the calmest kittens and I love them. I can hold them in my arms like little babies and they just sit there and swat at my bangs! When they *attempt* to meow their little mouths just open and no sound comes out! They haven't quite mastered the meowing part yet lol!