PDA

View Full Version : Chefs de France v. Grand Floridian Cafe

KAT1811
06-24-2010, 12:50 PM
I have heard some wonderful things about both Chefs de France and Grand Floridian Cafe. As of right now I have dinner booked at GFC after a day at Epcot. This will be during the portion of our trip we are staying at the Poly.

I am thinking now that Chefs de France may be a better bet. I am SO torn and am truly uncertain which restaurant we should try. Maybe I should try and work both into our schedule. . .

Any help, suggestions, experiences, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

SBETigg
06-24-2010, 01:14 PM
Two of my favorites. I think that Grand Floridian Cafe is the more consistent of the two, but Chefs is the more atmospheric. Grand Floridian Cafe is lovely, bright, elegant, but Chefs at World Showcase has that more cafe, away from it all feel. You'll have a more relaxed meal at GFC, though. Touch choice. Maybe study menus?

jmj18
06-24-2010, 01:15 PM
We love both......I would try to fit them both in....

:mickey:

buzznwoodysmom
06-24-2010, 04:41 PM
We tried both of these for the first time during our trip earlier this month and we really enjoyed both. If you have young children I'd say go with Chefs de France. My kids got a kick out of Remi. I think both are hidden jems. You never hear much about either place, but both provided wonderful food and a nice quiet, relaxed atmosphere. If you can fit them both in on your trip I'd say go for it.

MinnieMommie
06-24-2010, 06:49 PM
Both are awesome choices. I usually book depending on where I will be (either park or resort) around the time of the meal. Chefs is usually a not miss for us but we do GF Cafe frequently too. I really feel like I am in France while at chefs and prefer the appetizers and deserts more at Chefs so for me if I had to choose I would go with Chefs. You can't loose either way with this one. :mickey:

Fastpasssteve
06-25-2010, 02:26 AM
Chefs de France is:
in the World Showcase IN EPCOT
with wonderful atmosphere,
has fantastic food
prepared by wonderful chefs
with sommeliers who bring champagne
...oh, yea, they have Remy, the rat.
How about that?

And the Grand Floridian Cafe is:
the lowest man on the totem pole
compared to all the other restaurants
at the GF.
I'm sure it is wonderful, but...
this is a no-brainer for me.

Most of the reviews one read for these two restaurants are somewhat misleading. People who dined at Chefs de France had such high expectations that a few were disappointed, while people had much lower expectations for GF Cafe and their expectations were met. That says something right there.

SBETigg
06-25-2010, 07:54 AM
Chefs de France is:
in the World Showcase IN EPCOT
with wonderful atmosphere,
has fantastic food
prepared by wonderful chefs
with sommeliers who bring champagne
...oh, yea, they have Remy, the rat.
How about that?

And the Grand Floridian Cafe is:
the lowest man on the totem pole
compared to all the other restaurants
at the GF.
I'm sure it is wonderful, but...
this is a no-brainer for me.

Most of the reviews one read for these two restaurants are somewhat misleading. People who dined at Chefs de France had such high expectations that a few were disappointed, while people had much lower expectations for GF Cafe and their expectations were met. That says something right there.

I think you're wrong on this one. If you've ever been to the GFC, you would speak with more authority on the subject. Just because the GF has other fantastic restaurants does not mean this one is only okay. It's actually one of the best 1 ts meals on property. I've been to both consistently through the years with realistic expectations for both.

diz_girl
06-25-2010, 09:36 AM
I think you're wrong on this one. If you've ever been to the GFC, you would speak with more authority on the subject. Just because the GF has other fantastic restaurants does not mean this one is only okay. It's actually one of the best 1 ts meals on property. I've been to both consistently through the years with realistic expectations for both.

:ditto:

The GF has so many TS restaurants (5) that the GF Cafe gets lost in the shuffle. The reason that happens is because it is the only TS restaurant at the GF that is niether a signature restaurant nor a character meal. I've always been very happy with the meals and service there.

If you expect to be tired by dinnertime and want a break from the parks, then definitely do the GF Cafe. It will be a nice, relaxing, and tasty meal.

Pally
06-25-2010, 11:56 AM
We love both......I would try to fit them both in....

:mickey:

:ditto:

The GF has so many TS restaurants (5) that the GF Cafe gets lost in the shuffle. The reason that happens is because it is the only TS restaurant at the GF that is niether a signature restaurant nor a character meal. I've always been very happy with the meals and service there.

If you expect to be tired by dinnertime and want a break from the parks, then definitely do the GF Cafe. It will be a nice, relaxing, and tasty meal.

I agree with all of the above.:mickey:

pox24
06-25-2010, 03:34 PM
Both are great choices, however its not even close for us... Grand Floridian Cafe:thumbsup: