PDA

View Full Version : PIN Code or January?

White Rose
06-24-2010, 01:24 AM
Hi guys! Been awhile since I posted here.

Anyway, I just graduated from college and in lieu of a graduation party, my mother has offered to pay for roundtrip air fare for me and a friend to WDW! :thumbsup: Totally a-okay in my book.

Anyway, I planned on booking the trip for January for my 23rd birthday, once they came out with the pricing for it in August. However, I received a PINNED offer and I ran the numbers--it would not be bad AT ALL to go 9/27-10/5. Not to mention, with all the money a friend and I would be saving, we could do the Food and Wine Fest and the MNSSHP. I don't think the crowds would be bad during that week either.

I guess I'm asking for suggestions--could a better deal come along in January or should I consider booking for Sept (I also contacted Magical Journeys about a quote--they came SO highly recommended on here!), which would be closer or stick to January, when I could actually celebrate my birthday in the world! Thanks for ANY help!

TTFN,
Christy

Strmchsr
06-24-2010, 08:06 AM
It's hard to say. Chances are they'll have some kind of deal in January, but whether it's better than the current deals/pin code...that's a big gamble. The round of pin codes that went out recently are 40% off rooms. I doubt that January would be that good, but it might be. It just depends on whether you want to take the risk or go with what you know.

BugeyedMuggy
06-24-2010, 09:50 AM
I would go for Sept/Oct myself for the F&WF & MNSSHP. We went in Feb one time and it can get very cold. Oct is a great time. Maybe book Oct and see if a deal for Jan comes out by then and reschedule.

Gator
06-24-2010, 01:38 PM
I've gone in Jan/Feb, and it's pretty nice weather and crowds are not bad. However, if I had a chance to go to the Food and Wine Festival, I would definitely choose that one.

forever a child
06-24-2010, 02:15 PM
I would do the F & W festival in September! Unless you prefer the cooler weather possible for Jan of course.:mickey: I would not choose it thinking there will be a better offer, that is a bit of a gamble. So I would choose by the time of year you would like to go..cause you already know you have the discount for Sept and Jan is value season either way.

White Rose
06-24-2010, 03:06 PM
Thanks everyone! I appreciate it! I went in October back in...er...1998? I was 10, so that was...wow, twelve years ago. I remember the parks were crowded as they could for a park. I don't they could be too terribly crowded for the end of Sept/beg of Oct.

I know it would be hot, but I don't think it would be as hot as it would be over the summer. Also, the one thing I'm worried about in traveling in Jan would be flying down there and maybe getting held up here in MD because of bad weather or something.

Thanks for all the thoughts and such! They are all greatly appreciated.

White Rose
06-24-2010, 11:23 PM
I just had this in, as well: Kathy at Magical Journeys just saved me $200 in helping me realize that the PIN offer deal was better when combined with something else...

Not that I ever doubted you guys, but seriously--Magical Journeys is the way to go...