PDA

View Full Version : POFQ Question

tmz814
06-23-2010, 07:05 PM
I am looking to book a vacation at POFQ. I was wondering if it is worth it to pay a little extra for a water view or if I should just stick with the regular view. Anyone have any opinions?

Thanks.

faline
06-23-2010, 07:10 PM
If there were a private balcony overlooking the water, I'd probably go for it. Otherwise, I'd skip it. Views seem to be quite lovely, for the most part, without needing to pay more.

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-23-2010, 07:49 PM
We've stayed at POFQ a number of times, and only once paid for the water view.

The resort is lovely, and the water view is not required at all. It is also small enough that no where is too far away, so you don't have to worry about being too far from the pool or the river.

On our first trip, we had a standard view, overlooking the parking lot and the garbage area, and you know, Disney did such a great job of hiding it, we bearly knew it! I would stay in that room again :thumbsup:

PetefromRI
06-23-2010, 08:51 PM
Go for a standard room near the foodcourt and pool.You can't go wrong at this resort.

#1disneyfan
06-23-2010, 09:46 PM
I agree with the above posters, this is a resort that you don't need to pay extra for a view. We stayed there and were on the first floor right near the laundry area and just steps from the food court. It was super convenient after a long day in the parks too ;).

Have a great trip! :mickey:

E-OR
06-23-2010, 10:45 PM
We have stayed at POFQ several times staying in a standard view room always. We request building #5 close to the food court, pool, and laundry. We have had a courtyard view all but one time except once when we had a pool view. We love this resort for it's size, theming, pool, boat to DD, and food court. The standard view of the courtyard is lovely and the pool view was fun too. I would not pay for a water view. There are some benches that you can sit on and relax that look over the water.

CleveRocks
06-24-2010, 07:27 AM
At all 4 of Disney's Moderate resorts, your door and window open up onto an exterior corridor, the walkway people use to get to and from their rooms.

This means that if you have your curtains wide open to enjoy the view, then everyone walking by has a great view of YOU!

THAT is why I'm not a fan of paying for a water view at the Disney Moderate resorts.

Momto3littlemice
06-24-2010, 07:44 AM
I agree with the previous posters. A standard view room is great! Having said that, definitely take the time to stroll down the Sassagoula - it is beautiful and a wonderful walk (or ride on a boat). We liked walking down to Riverside to eat at their food court which is quite a bit more diverse than POFQ. Enjoy!:mickey:

gauvin4
06-24-2010, 07:45 AM
I love POFQ! We stayed here for x-mas 2007 and it NEVER felt crowded. We stayed in Bldg #7 which is the furthest away from the foodcourt/pool. But honestly it never felt we were far away from the action. I would not spend the extra money for a water view. There is a nice path that you can walk along the river and benches to sit and watch the boats. I think you will really enjoy this resort.

tmz814
06-24-2010, 08:07 AM
Thanks for all the replies. I figured I didn't need to spend the extra money, but I wanted to ask here just to make sure. :-) I've never stayed at this resort but have heard great things about it. I can't wait! :mickey:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-24-2010, 08:13 PM
We got upgraded to a water view last time. It was nice but we didn't really stay a lot of time looking out at the water. So I'd say no, don't pay extra.