PDA

View Full Version : Contacting resorts directly (specifically regarding Disney Florist delivery)

Disney_Barbie
06-23-2010, 11:39 AM
Does anyone know how I contact resorts DIRECTLY (specifically the Beach Club Villas) I could have sworn in the past that I've reached cast members who where literally working at the AKL and the Contemporary (at least they told me they were) not just general guest relations.
I tried 407-934-800 & 47-934-2175 but both those lines lead me to the general guest relations line where I keep getting a cast member named Tyler who doens't know what he's talking about :(
My delema is: I'm trying to order the "Romance with Rose Petals" from the disney florist (where they scattter rose petals around your room) But I want to specifcally have it done while we are out of the room @ our Anniversary dinner. I spoke with Val at the Disney Florist & she told me that they just bring it to the resort, that I would have to coordinate w/ the Beach Club to see that the resort runner delivers it during my desired time frame (which would be anytime between about 7:30pm-11pm). So I tried those 2 numbers (mentioned above) trying to get in touch w/ the beach club, and as I mentioned Tyler is not being helpfull. First he told me that they leave the floral items at the front desk, do not deliver them to the room... I'm like "seriously???" ... and he says he'll put me on hold and double check, he comes back and tells me they can be placed in the room. I said "great" and asked how I go about coordinating w/ the resort to specify the time window and he says that would have to be done by the disney florist, when I told him the disney florist told me the opposite, he didn't provide any further information... now what???
I would really like to do this, but also don't want to pay $60 to have someone knock on the door & hand us a bag of rose petals while we're still in the room getting ready for dinner, ya'know!

TammiMcMan
06-23-2010, 11:51 AM
Unfortunately, the direct numbers can lead you to the call center. You can try to have them transfer you to the actual resort, but that doesn't always happen. You may need to wait until you arrive to coordinate with the front desk/runners. I believe the romance package is setup when you're out of the room, so that shouldn't be a problem. It's just whether or not they can meet your specific timeline. That's going to depend on the runners availability and it's really not something they can guarantee you ahead of time.

For what it's worth, they did both give you accurate information. The Disney Florist delivers to the front desk of the resort. After that, it's just whether or not someone is around to bring the package to your room. In most situations, they can deliver it and do the setup of the petals.

Disney_Barbie
06-23-2010, 12:03 PM
. You may need to wait until you arrive to coordinate with the front desk/runners.

Well that stinks :( Maybe I'm alone on this, but I don't want to be bothered by sneaking all around & trying to talk coordinate while I'm on vacation.

Basicly for me, they're gonna loose my business. I would have gladly paid to get this settled here & now, but if it's something I"m going to have to bother coordinating while I'm away I'll end up skipping it all together. It's a pretty stupid set-up if you ask me :(

TammiMcMan
06-23-2010, 12:26 PM
The part of my post you quoted is just a possibility and it's really not something I would consider as sneaking all around. You just need to stop by the lobby concierge desk and speak with someone there. It's not a complicated process, but it's definitely your choice.

As I said, you can still try calling the resort number again and explaining that you need to talk with someone on site. They aren't going to have your reservation until 3-4 days prior to arrival, so I would also suggest waiting until then or your request may not be matched up with your reservation.

If you do reach a live person at the resort, they'll probably explain it the same way, that they can't guarantee delivery at a specific time. Realistically, they could have staff call out sick, or have their runner on an emergency errand at your requested time. Chances of that happening are slim, but it's part of the reason why they won't guarantee a specific request. They will do the best they can though.

sherriepaul
06-23-2010, 12:49 PM
my hubby did something similar not at WDW and if you don't pick up the petals that night and leave them overnight, they will dye anything that they are on. Some were left on the bedsheets and when we woke up in the morning the bed had reddish/purplish spots on it. I felt back for the hotel, and a little embarrassed!:blush:

Maybe just have the petals sprinkled on a table with the rest of the basket?