PDA

View Full Version : Weather first week of March

Ksmith75
06-23-2010, 11:07 AM
I have looked at weather data, but I would like some first had accounts...how is the weather the first week of March?

wilcat
06-23-2010, 11:55 AM
Hi fellow Pittsburgher. We were there a few years ago at the end of Feb beginning of Mar. The mornings and some evenings were cool, light jacket type weather and the afternoons warmed up into the high 60's low 70's, jackets off please. We only had rain one day out of the seven we were there. I did see some wearing shorts but we stuck with jeans and were comfortable all day. Crowds were low as a lot of spring breaks hadn't started yet. Hope this helps in your planning.

Ksmith75
06-23-2010, 12:07 PM
thanks for the info...that sounds great. We usually go last week of April/first few days of May...but with Easter being at the end of April, that kinda changed plans...and we didnt want to go in May when it is pretty hot...thanks again

Momto3littlemice
06-26-2010, 08:39 PM
Hi there,
I had to chime in here as I am originally from Pgh (Bethel Park actually!) and also usually go April-May and am doing the same thing you are doing next year! We are heading down second week in March and I am wondering if there will be any swimming going on or if it will be too cold... Glad you posted this!:mickey:

marlyn
06-28-2010, 12:03 AM
I was just there this past March. I was there from the 6th to the 20th and it was COLD! :freeze: We barely saw temps above 65. We never swam in the pool and froze at the water park (didnt get out of wave pool hardly at all!) Don't let this scare you off though, as everyone we spoke to said this was abnormally cold for that time of year.

I am returning end of August and can't wait for the heat! :vacation: