PDA

View Full Version : Wilderness Lodge and Fireworks Questions

forever a child
06-23-2010, 09:01 AM
Does Wilderness Lodge have decent viewing of Fireworks at MK? We will be having dinner at WCC and wondering if we might possibly be able to catch fireworks from Beachfront later that evening? :fworks:

Also, I see that many Deluxe resorts have music of MK fireworks able to be heard; would that be the case for WL? The night we would be eating there would be during one of the MVMCP fireworks displays, would that make a difference? Also, I have looked for time on Disney website for when MVMCP fireworks are scheduled and it is not listed but I notice it is 9:30 on Intercot Info board. I assume that is based on last years times or should they roughly be the same. The reason I ask is that I notice Wishes is scheduled for 8pm that same week during a night the MVMCP is not scheduled and I was just wondering why the big difference in timing...just because of the party I assume?

Thanks! :mickey:

faline
06-23-2010, 09:07 AM
When we stayed at Wilderness Lodge, my daughter reports she was able to see the Magic Kingdom fireworks from the beach. However, I'm not sure how good the view was. A much better place to watch is from the Poly beach. I do not believe any music is piped in to the beach area at Wilderness Lodge.

On party nights, there are typically two parades. One parade before the fireworks and another after.

diz_girl
06-23-2010, 09:49 AM
You can see the fireworks from the dock area, but it's somewhat of a limited view. You can only see the high stuff, mainly through the trees.

If you have time after dinner, take the boat to the CR. You can either view them from the CR or the Poly. There is (or at least was) a viewing area/patio on the north side of the fourth floor of the CR. But you can still see the fireworks if you're standing out front of the CR. After the fireworks are finished, you can just walk to the MK bus stop for your resort. But (like the pp stated) you can also view the fireworks from the Poly beach. So just hop on the monorail once you are at the CR. You'll have to take the monorail (or boat) from the Poly back to the MK to get the bus for your resort.

But you can't hear the music at the WL. You should be able to hear it from the Poly.

DizneyRox
06-23-2010, 10:44 AM
Nothing from the Parking Lot either. If you get right up against the fence, sometimes you can catch one of the higher bursts.

We were there for July 3rd one year and the only thing really visible were the ones they shoot out over the lagoon, and even that was pretty obscured.

forever a child
06-23-2010, 11:03 AM
Thanks everyone for the replies. Looks like we will be relocating to another resort after dinner. Which is your favorite deluxe resort viewing locations? Does CL also have piped in music? or is it just Poly?

Our WCC dinner reservatins are at 7:35, so I think we should have plenty of time before 9:30. Perhaps we might even be "stuck" on the boat for viewing:D

disney98
06-24-2010, 10:37 AM
I might be a little late, but when we stayed there some 4 years ago, we had a room on a higher floor in the back of WL. What I mean by the back is when I looked down off the balcony, I could see the smokehouse and some parking. That being said, when the MK shot off the fireworks, we were able to see them from our room, it was a really nice treat. Since then, I'm not sure if trees have grown to obsure the view but it was possible a few years ago. Enjoy! :mickey:

TheRustyScupper
06-24-2010, 12:55 PM
1) Go to the far side of the EMPLOYEE parking lot.
2) Good views.
3) You will have a lot of company.

KylesMom
06-24-2010, 12:58 PM
2) Good views.
No one minds? We were going to do that last year at your recommendation, but DH didn't feel comfortable going somewhat past the guest boundaries. If it really is ok for guests to go back there, then I'm in - and I'll push the issue a little more this time. :D

forever a child
06-24-2010, 01:59 PM
2) Good views.

Thank You!:mickey: