PDA

View Full Version : Adding children at check in

castlefan
06-22-2010, 09:00 PM
I booked the Grand Floridian thru Orbitz.com and just realized I only put in 2 people, but there are 2 children as well going. Can I just add them at check in since I didn't book thru Disney?

sleepyprincess
06-23-2010, 12:14 AM
If you only booked the hotel, then it certainly would not be a problem to add the children.

However, if you booked a package or park tickets it may create a problem.

forever a child
06-23-2010, 08:23 AM
I booked the Grand Floridian thru Orbitz.com and just realized I only put in 2 people, but there are 2 children as well going. Can I just add them at check in since I didn't book thru Disney?

If you only booked the hotel, then it certainly would not be a problem to add the children.

However, if you booked a package or park tickets it may create a problem.

First off, Welcome both Castlefan and Sleepyprincess to Intercot!

As far as your question, I really am not sure. But I think Sleepyprincess is correct that it should be no problem if it is a room only reservation. I would still call the resort a week or two before your stay to mention that you failed to list the two children (under the age of 17) on your original reservation. The hotels do not get guest infomation until about a week prior to your stay (or so I have been told).

If however, you have booked a package (I am not sure what all Orbiz does...never booked through them) then I would look for a contact info on Orbiz and make changes through them. Actually, I would do that either way...just to make sure it is all good.

For future reference, I would use Disney or Magical Journey for future bookings so that if you have to make changes, it will not be a big hassle to do so. They can probably get you just as good if not better deals than Orbiz.

Have a great trip!:mickey:

Scrappy2
06-23-2010, 10:04 AM
It should not be a problem either way. Our last trip my dughter and her friend ended up going at the last minute. I had booked a package for myself and DH. When we got to the hotel I just added them to the toom and purchashed their park tickets at the hotel.

TammiMcMan
06-23-2010, 12:35 PM
There's a few things to consider first,

1. Are you using Magical Express to get to your resort? If so, they would need to be on the reservation ahead of time.

2. Did you book a package that includes dining? If you did and you want the kids to have the dining plan too, they need to be added at least 48 hours in advance.

I've worked with Orbitz a few times and they seem to have a good customer service department. I would probably just call them and have the reservation updated, unless there's a specific reason you want to wait until you arrive.

Just a note that you can't call the resort directly and add them. It doesn't work that way. You'd have to go through Disney's central reservation office, but because you booked through an agency, they're the only ones who can make updates.

KAT1811
06-24-2010, 12:46 PM
:welcome: to Intercot!!! I think you're going to like it here!

There's a few things to consider first,

1. Are you using Magical Express to get to your resort? If so, they would need to be on the reservation ahead of time.

2. Did you book a package that includes dining? If you did and you want the kids to have the dining plan too, they need to be added at least 48 hours in advance.

I've worked with Orbitz a few times and they seem to have a good customer service department. I would probably just call them and have the reservation updated, unless there's a specific reason you want to wait until you arrive.

Just a note that you can't call the resort directly and add them. It doesn't work that way. You'd have to go through Disney's central reservation office, but because you booked through an agency, they're the only ones who can make updates.

:ditto:

castlefan
06-28-2010, 11:24 AM
Thanks for the replies. It is just room only, so I should be fine I guess as they are 2 and 4.
THanks!

TammiMcMan
06-28-2010, 12:12 PM
So just to be sure, you won't need Magical Express transport to your resort? If not, the only minor inconvenience I can think of is a wait for your room. If they happen to pre-assign you a room with a king bed, then you may have to wait a little longer for a 2 queen bed to open up and for the pack and play to be delivered and set up.