PDA

View Full Version : October Timing/Week Question

debandbub
06-22-2010, 05:16 PM
We are so lucky- we keep getting pin offers- the last one was for 40% off Value/Mod/Deluxe or Villa! I just wish we could use them. The thing is we are already scheduled to go 10/14 - 10/20. All the offers we've been getting are excluding that week. Any idea why? did we pick a bad week? I thought I was doing good by trying to avoid Columbus Day and Halloween holidays. We are renting DVC points so I can't even change our time. Any input is appreciated. Thank you!!

forever a child
06-22-2010, 05:44 PM
There is no such thing as a BAD week in WDW:cloud9:

BraddyB
06-22-2010, 06:26 PM
Thats odd that your pin code doesnt work for that week. We are actually arriving on Columbus day and leaving the following monday and our pin code was ok. Give them a call and see, cant hurt to ask.

forever a child
06-22-2010, 07:13 PM
Thats odd that your pin code doesnt work for that week. We are actually arriving on Columbus day and leaving the following monday and our pin code was ok. Give them a call and see, cant hurt to ask.

Doesn't matter, you cant used pin code discounts when renting DVC points:D

debandbub
06-23-2010, 07:07 AM
Yes, thank you - I should have been more clear- what I meant was that we can't cancel our accommodations or change our week because we are renting DVC points. I know I can't apply any discounts to that- I was just wondering about our timing- if the parks are expected to be busier at that time since all the offers I've received so far are excluding that week. Thank you as always to my helpful friends at Intercot!!

Jeri Lynn
06-23-2010, 08:24 AM
That is strange, I am going 10/16 to 10/22 and received a 40% off pin code....saved $700 at the Beach Club!!!! I've been around the same time before and it was a great time to go. The only thing I've found about October is there has always been a convention going on at this time, at the Beach Club.

yjgirl32
06-23-2010, 10:38 AM
There are a couple of things going on- Colombus week is a week some kids have fall break, F&W festival is going on, and a friend of mine always has a medical conference/show at that time. We are there right around that time too. Good luck.