PDA

View Full Version : Driving from KY to WDW in December!

forever a child
06-22-2010, 01:25 PM
DD and I will be driving on our next trip to WDW, in December for Christmas. :santa3: Strangely, we are both really looking forward to the drive. DD is happy to "Pack the Car" and not worry about what all we are bringing with restrictions. I am looking forward to being able to leave directly after her saturday swim meet and then upon return to spend perhaps a good portion on the return day at the resort, parks or DTD. Plus I am looking forward to seeing Florida and stopping to shop for fresh fruits and other Florida sites.

I was hoping that some of you driving from that neck of the woods could give us some good suggestions and tips. I love stopping off at roadside stands! I don't really want to do any long tourist tours or detours, however if there are some suggestions that were great adding to your driving adventure...I would like to hear about them so I can check them out. :car:

I should mention too that I am originally from Michigan and although I do not expect snow in Florida...I am comfortable with poor weather driving conditions.:sleigh:

Thanks! We are so excited!

forever a child
06-23-2010, 08:52 AM
:bump:

afowl1017
06-23-2010, 09:07 AM
We have driven many times to Fl from KY and from IN. Unfortunately we have always been too excited to get to WDW to do any major stops along the way except for the routine bathroom brakes, gas fill-ups, and food stops. I just wanted to express my interest in this topic as well. I have stopped at a lovely Georgian fruit and nut market once but I would love to know other people's favorites too!

Hope you have a wonderful trip in Dec.!

kemps@wdw
06-23-2010, 11:51 PM
Depending on her age, don't forget the Ipod, IPhone, and the laptop or maybe a port. DVD player. We drive from KY as well. One note...we found a rest area in Georgia (on I-75) that had a guy there grillin out BBQ and pork chop sandwiches. People were picnicin all over the place! :eat: We ate there and took a few sandwiches to go. I do also like the being able to "pack w/no restrictions".

Rekenna
06-24-2010, 08:30 AM
Fellow Kentuckian, I like my fine posters before me am always too excited to stop. That being said...stop in KY! There is fantastic history & beauty here, Mammoth Cave, Cumberland Falls (just get out of your car and take a short walk for a break), the home of Colonel Sanders, Vineyards, historic homesteads...

Actually, just drive right down to Disney and save all the awesome KY things for a couple of day trips.

How can you stand to wait?:mickey: