PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Weekend 2011

RBrooksC
06-22-2010, 11:31 AM
Yes, I know, it just ended.

However, I cannot remember the historical dates for Star Wars Weekends so I could extrapolate out what they would be for 2011.

We want to try to plan our May 2011 trip with Star Wars Weekends and we want to book in August.

So, any help would be appreciated.

faline
06-22-2010, 11:35 AM
Here's information on the dates it was held this year. (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/park/starwars.asp)

KylesMom
06-22-2010, 02:48 PM
While historical data is good, remember that in 2007 & 2008 Disney held Star Wars Weekends during concurrent weekends in June only. In the "big" years when the new episodes were released, they would hold them for six weekends in May/June - not just four.

As you may have read on another post, Star Tours 2.0 is slated to open on Tuesday, May 17th, 2011. This date may give some indication that they will again hold SWW the last two weekends in May/first two weekends in June. Then again, maybe not . . . I wouldn't expect official word until sometime in early 2011.

RBrooksC
06-22-2010, 03:33 PM
Well, at this point, I think we are going to get to Disney on either May 17 or May 18th. If Star Wars Weekends is happening, fantastic. If not, oh well. I want to be there for those weekends, but if we aren't, it is not a deal-breaker.

jimsgal05
01-11-2011, 09:40 AM
Well we made wedding plans around this time frame we are going May 20th -23rd so hoping the ride is ready earlier that week like they have said it is slatted to be... otherwise we will be let down..but I know we will still have a good time...the plane tixs were just bought ...oh PRAY the FORCE IS ON OURSIDES FOR @ WEEKENDS IN MAY 2011 as well as JUNE!!!:yoda:

best magical wishes to ALL!!:mickey: