PDA

View Full Version : Nightastic Fireworks Glitch - June 20th

IloveDisney71
06-22-2010, 01:55 AM
Last night we were watching the fireworks and right after Tinkerbell flew down from the castle the fireworks just stopped. They started announcing that the Nightastic fireworks were unable to be performed, the music stopped, the street lights came back on and the show was over. Everyone in the park just looked stunned. :confused: I'm not sure why they were unable to finish the show. People started leaving the park or going back into the park to the rides etc. and then about 15 minutes later without any announcement the fireworks started going back off and the music came back on. They finished the Nightastic fireworks. It was so weird. I guess they were able to work out whatever went wrong so they could finish. It was just strange that they just picked right back up where they left off (I'm guessing that's what they did, I havn't seen this one before) and didn't announce that they were going to do it.
I will say this, it was a really good fireworks show even though there was an unexpected "intermission". :D

Ms. Mode
06-22-2010, 10:53 AM
I hope you got to see the whole show on another night, I understand from my friend that just got back that it's awesome. :thumbsup: I would love to see Tinkerbell flying to the castle; we missed it by one night in January.

IloveDisney71
06-22-2010, 12:23 PM
We were only there for one day so that was our only chance to see it.

ThanxForNoticin
06-22-2010, 12:31 PM
Glitches like that really stink, especially if your schedule only gives you one chance to see them. A few years ago, we had a special dinner at Calif Grill with plans to enjoy the fireworks. For some reasons, they didn't go off. Sure enough, later as we were heading back to our resort, all of a sudden the sky was lit up with fireworks. I guess it happens now and then.

MOJoe
06-22-2010, 02:28 PM
I can remember once or twice the fireworks show being later than scheduled, but never interrupted and restarted like that. That's just plain wierd.

crltkcagle
06-22-2010, 11:14 PM
Aw that stinks! Wonder what went wrong.

IloveDisney71
06-22-2010, 11:23 PM
The funniest thing was watching people hurry back to the castle to finish watching the show. Yes, I was one of those people. :D I was close by so I didn't have far to walk to get back to the front of the castle. I was glad they finished the fireworks show.

slegrant
06-23-2010, 08:08 AM
My sister was there and called me to tell me that the show stopped in the middle, then all of the sudden she said there starting again. After the fireworks were over she called back and said even with the interuption they were still amazing. I can't wait to see them , we are leaving soon for WDW:mickey:

Stu29573
06-23-2010, 09:38 AM
Last year we were at Epcot when a huge downpour came. We expected it to blow over, but it didn't. Anyway, it let up a little and Illuminations started...and then stopped...and then started... It was like they were "burning off" the loaded shells or something. Very weird.

afowl1017
06-23-2010, 09:49 AM
I am wondering if it wasn't like a safety stop? If there was a slight malfunction or timing issue they could have had to do an "E stop", but because all the fireworks were loaded they had to restart them when the issue was resolved. Dangerous job working with pyro! Glad you ended up seeing the rest of the show though!

Michelle15
06-23-2010, 10:00 AM
Wow I can't believe that happened. :confused: Are you guys going back to WDW soon so you can see the whole show? I hope your day was better than your night. :D

disneymaster
06-23-2010, 10:42 AM
I was there this night as well. It was my 2nd time seeing the show and that night we were behind the castle.

Since we were behind the castle, we were unable to see the "attack" on the castle, however, because the fireworks they use sound like bombs going off, I figure we would hear them. However, we never heard them. Also, I noticed before the fireworks went off a lot of smoke coming up for in front of the castle. I don't know if that was from a float in the parade or not.

To me, it seems like they had a problem with the castle. With the amazing amount of pyro and "bombs" used on and flying into the castle, it seems when a problem arises, they must halt the show. I would hate to think what would happen had something happened to the castle.

For those that were there, can you tell me if they did in fact "blow up" the castle? Also, the 11 o'clock parade was also delayed that night. My guess is they sent all the parade techs to help solve or fix the firework problem which delayed the starting of the parade.

06-23-2010, 10:56 AM
My guess is they sent all the parade techs to help solve or fix the firework problem which delayed the starting of the parade.

Parade was delayed because the float staging is in a backstage "fallout zone" from the fireworks and the floats could not be staged until the fireworks were over and the area "cleared' for safety.

"Parade techs", whatever that is, have absolutely NOTHING to do with pyrotechnics.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-24-2010, 08:07 PM
I hope they go off without a hitch when we are there. Hopefully I'll get to see them twice.

LauraByTheSea
06-24-2010, 08:39 PM
We were there too! It was really strange...

2Epcot
06-24-2010, 10:07 PM
I've seen fireworks stop like that here in CA at Disneyland, usually because of the wind being too strong. I don't think they ever resume like that. Maybe it was a computer glitch.