PDA

View Full Version : Happy Limo vs Quicksilver

#1disneyfan
06-21-2010, 09:21 PM
I know I asked a question regarding airport transportation...but here is another one.

So since we are staying off-site for a few nights prior to WDW, we need transportation to our resort. I emailed both Happy Limo and Quicksilver for some additional information, but only Happy Limo responded.

That should be my answer off the bat, but does anyone have any views or experience with either?? Which one should I choose??

TIA :mickey:

Strmchsr
06-21-2010, 10:13 PM
That's odd. Quicksilver is usually very quick. I've tried both. I definitely liked Quicksilver better. Nicer vehicles and better service. HL was 30 min late picking us up. I've heard a lot of other mixed reviews on them - some good, some not so good, but I've always heard glowing reviews of QS.

princess mommy
06-21-2010, 10:43 PM
We've used Sunray many times over last 5 years most recently in March. Nice guys, great cars and a stop for shopping too. I've not used either of your 2 choices. Good luck.

DizneyRox
06-22-2010, 06:10 AM
Happy Limo used to be great, but over the years, service has gone downhill. Communication has never been a weak point with them, however the "happy" has been fading. We go with limo service from/to the airport and have been forced to switch to QS due to this. No problems so far, but we'll see how long it lasts.

When you're in a service oriented business, the key is SERVICE!

faline
06-22-2010, 08:23 AM
I used to use Happy Limo as well but also found that their service had declined.

We've switched to Quicksilver (http://www.quicksilver-tours.com/) and have been very pleased with the service we've received. Plus, using Quicksilver helps support Intercot as they are a sponsor of this site.

I would have to wonder if your contact with Quicksilver went astray. They have always promptly responded to my booking requests.

PetefromRI
06-22-2010, 10:48 AM
We love QS and their response is almost always within the hour.They are polite,on time and the cars are spotless plus they sponsor this site.

eandrsmom
06-22-2010, 12:42 PM
We've used QS twice for limo transfers to and from the airport to the resorts. We've always been happy with the service and limos. We even took advantage of stopping at the grocery on the way to the resort. Our driver was always pleasant and prompt.

Jeri Lynn
06-22-2010, 01:31 PM
In the past I have used Tiffany Town Car, Happy Limo and Quicksilver. I used Quicksilver last year and this year as they are an Intercot sponsor.

I was very happy with all three when I used them at the time.

#1disneyfan
06-22-2010, 08:48 PM
My only issue using QS is that they do not offer a stop at the grocery store unless using them RT. We can pay an extra $20 to stop, but not sure if it is worth it. May have to look into using Garden Grocer instead again and using QS for a one way.

Thanks for the help! :mickey:

23 days and counting :cloud9:

quicksilver
06-23-2010, 07:39 PM
I know I asked a question regarding airport transportation...but here is another one.

So since we are staying off-site for a few nights prior to WDW, we need transportation to our resort. I emailed both Happy Limo and Quicksilver for some additional information, but only Happy Limo responded.

That should be my answer off the bat, but does anyone have any views or experience with either?? Which one should I choose??

TIA :mickey:

Hi TIA,

We usually answer all our emails as soon as they are received (as long as received before 8 pm of course). Maybe our response was blocked by your email provider...it happens more often than we would like...
Give us a call or feel free to ask anything you want right here, I'll answer you soon after. :-)

Best regards,

Gregory Nicolas.

quicksilver
06-23-2010, 07:42 PM
My only issue using QS is that they do not offer a stop at the grocery store unless using them RT. We can pay an extra $20 to stop, but not sure if it is worth it. May have to look into using Garden Grocer instead again and using QS for a one way.

Thanks for the help! :mickey:

23 days and counting :cloud9:

No other transportation company, to my knowlege, offers a stop free on one way trips. I'm pretty certain Happy Limo doesn't as well. Has any other company offer you a stop free on a one way, if so, please let me know...

#1disneyfan
06-23-2010, 09:39 PM
Quicksilver-

Thanks for the response. I did send my email again, and got a response the second time.

To answer your second question, I sent you a PM with that information.

Thanks again!

:mickey:

quicksilver
06-23-2010, 10:36 PM
Quicksilver-

Thanks for the response. I did send my email again, and got a response the second time.

To answer your second question, I sent you a PM with that information.

Thanks again!

:mickey:

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback...;)

#1disneyfan
06-23-2010, 10:54 PM
Quicksilver = I sent you a private message with more info.

quicksilver
06-23-2010, 11:23 PM
Quicksilver = I sent you a private message with more info.

Nothing came up... I'll try later...:mickey:

Marymouse2003
06-24-2010, 03:27 AM
Used Tiffany Towncar many times. Very pleased. Enjoy your trip:cloud9:

DisneyDoug2
06-24-2010, 07:28 AM
We have used QS a few times for the most part they have been very dependable and the free stop is very nice. Unfortunately, last year we did have an issue, we ordered a town car and got a large van instead with a driver that did not speak English very well. He told us that the town car broke down so they substituted the van, never got any kind of message from the owner about the issue. Cars break down and I am glad they just didn’t leave us stranded at the airport, but some kind of follow up would have been nice.

DisneyFr33k
06-24-2010, 08:34 AM
We used Happy Limo going from WDW to the DCL and the from DCL back to the airport. Wonderful service and puctual - even early for our ride to Port Canaveral. What was even more cool is that the driver called us while we were waiting at the cab area after getting off the boat. Once confirming we were there, he pulled up in a stretch limo -- a Ford Expedition! There was a movie playing for our ride back (Madagascar) and we really felt like royalty! What was funny was when he pulled up, we asked how many families would he be taking back.... and it was only us. Be warned - they don't guarantee limos. Our trip there was in a large van (older), but the driver was really cool and we chatted the whole way there!

We are going back in October and will definitely use Happy Limo again to go from WDW to Universal.

quicksilver
06-24-2010, 07:27 PM
We have used QS a few times for the most part they have been very dependable and the free stop is very nice. Unfortunately, last year we did have an issue, we ordered a town car and got a large van instead with a driver that did not speak English very well. He told us that the town car broke down so they substituted the van, never got any kind of message from the owner about the issue. Cars break down and I am glad they just didn’t leave us stranded at the airport, but some kind of follow up would have been nice.

Really sorry you were dissapointed and again sorry for the inconvenience. I hope your return was with the car reserved or an upgraded one.;)

Just so everyone reading this post understands our policies, I must also let you know as a reminder that we do clearly explain on our confirmation email (also same policy was accepted when reserving) that on seldom cases (big flight delays, break downs, and etc...) we reserve the right to send an alternate vehicle so our clients don't have to wait to long. Rest assured, we only change vehicles in these extreme cases... Actualy, many times we do upgrade our clients from towncars or vans to our Escalades...:thumbsup:

Best regards,

Gregory Nicolas.

#1disneyfan
06-24-2010, 08:01 PM
Quicksilver Booked! Thanks! :mickey:

faline
06-25-2010, 08:20 AM
Actualy, many times we do upgrade our clients from towncars or vans to our Escalades...:thumbsup:

Best regards,

Gregory Nicolas.

We benefitted from just such an upgrade!

DizNee143
06-25-2010, 10:25 AM
Just so everyone reading this post understands our policies, I must also let you know as a reminder that we do clearly explain on our confirmation email (also same policy was accepted when reserving) that on seldom cases (big flight delays, break downs, and etc...) we reserve the right to send an alternate vehicle so our clients don't have to wait to long. Rest assured, we only change vehicles in these extreme cases... Actualy, many times we do upgrade our clients from towncars or vans to our Escalades...:thumbsup:

Best regards,

Gregory Nicolas.

i would never complain about it..dont get why anyone would..if you didnt show now that would be something to complain about!..a van to me seems like an upgrade from just a town car..
i have never used you guys..the 1 time ive had to use a car service i used sunray..
but not even just the car services in fla it seems most of them will usually upgrade the car on there own..and they dont notify anyone..its a nice surprise though!!!

Jeri Lynn
06-25-2010, 12:33 PM
I have Quicksilver booked also. We are only using to our Hotel, but it is so wonderful to see our driving holding a sign with our name on it!!!
112 days!:mickey: