PDA

View Full Version : Benefits to Online check-in

DisneyMomx2
06-21-2010, 08:19 PM
Can anyone tell me how much time it really saves to do online check-in vs. checking in when we get there? Also, do you think that would have any effect if we were thinking of faxing in a building request in hopes of getting a certain area?

Thanks!!

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-21-2010, 09:45 PM
Depending on the lines, it can save you a lot of time, or not so much.

If you're arriving at a very busy time, you will probably save a fair bit of time.

Disney no longer looks at faxes, they were just getting too many. If you have a specific request, be sure it is on your reservation, and be sure to ask again when you check-in online or in person.

the other micki
06-22-2010, 12:20 AM
We did online check-in for our last trip. We arrived around noon. We were able to avoid a fairly long line and step right up to the counter. I'd say it's worth it! Plus, it's really exciting to check-in online and know that it's almost time to leave for Disney!!! :mickey:

DisneyMomx2
06-22-2010, 09:07 AM
Thank you so much for the info! I didn't realize they didn't look at faxes anymore so at least I won't waste my time there either. :)

Gregandmel
06-22-2010, 09:19 AM
We stayed at POFQ end of April this year and I really wish we had done the on-line check-in. I was afraid to not be able to actually talk with someone at check in. There was only 5 people ahead of us waiting to check in (with 3 CM's checking in people) and it took almost an HOUR! They were really slow.....or the people in front of us had a ton of questions, not sure. Regardless....the on-line check in window had NO ONE in line the entire time we were there. And, as I found out, there actually IS someone there to help you, it's just that if the room assigned to you isn't what you want, then you would have to go back and stand in line to talk with a CM to get it changed. So....next trip - we will definitely do the on-line check in.

TammiMcMan
06-22-2010, 11:56 AM
Thank you so much for the info! I didn't realize they didn't look at faxes anymore so at least I won't waste my time there either. :)It's not that they never look at faxes anymore, just that there's no guarantee a CM will have time to go through that process. It's fine to do as a followup, but you should definitely have requests noted on your reservation. They can't always fill those requests, but at least you'll know it was seen by someone.

Scrappy2
06-23-2010, 10:16 AM
We had our request on our reservations and got both of what we ask for. We had requested a certain building and adjoining rooms and got both request. Online check in is great unless someone has used the online checkin that has tons of questions for the CM. Our line had 2 windows open and the person at the other window must have been there first time at Disney. They were there when we arrived and still talking to the CM when we left.

forever a child
06-23-2010, 10:20 AM
On Line Check in might go faster if there was actually a CM working the On Line Check in counter:( When we arrived at POP at about 7:30 in the evening...there were no CM's working that counter. Had I gone to the regular check in line..I would have gotten through earlier. About the time I was going to move to the other line, one finally showed up!

Tigerinvestigator
06-23-2010, 01:54 PM
Let me give you the worst case scenario that happened to us last May and tell you why I will never go without online check in again. We stayed at CSR and when we got there they had a college NCAA convention. The airport busses had just let out and each person had to check in personally because the rooms were booked by individuals. There were over 400 people to check in. The line extended down the hallway past Pepper Market and down to the convention center and out the door. Despite begging management to let me check in elswhere I was told I could check in or store my bags and go to the parks. My father arrived at the same time and had online check in. He had only one person ahead of him. 10 mins later he had his room and I didn't get mine until 8 hours later. ALWAYS USE ONLINE CHECK IN!!! :thumbsup:

forever a child
06-23-2010, 02:17 PM
Let me give you the worst case scenario that happened to us last May and tell you why I will never go without online check in again. We stayed at CSR and when we got there they had a college NCAA convention. The airport busses had just let out and each person had to check in personally because the rooms were booked by individuals. There were over 400 people to check in. The line extended down the hallway past Pepper Market and down to the convention center and out the door. Despite begging management to let me check in elswhere I was told I could check in or store my bags and go to the parks. My father arrived at the same time and had online check in. He had only one person ahead of him. 10 mins later he had his room and I didn't get mine until 8 hours later. ALWAYS USE ONLINE CHECK IN!!! :thumbsup:

:jaw:

That is good to know, especially since we will be visiting CSR! Thanks for sharing.

Just wondering, could you have gone to a computer and checked in and then gone to the online-check in line? I would have paid $ for a computer and internet access!

crltkcagle
06-23-2010, 02:57 PM
We always use it. Plus we call 4 days ahead of time and request what we want and we always get it. I definetly recommend it.

Tigerinvestigator
06-23-2010, 03:19 PM
:jaw:

That is good to know, especially since we will be visiting CSR! Thanks for sharing.

Just wondering, could you have gone to a computer and checked in and then gone to the online-check in line? I would have paid $ for a computer and internet access!

LOL I tried that but it wouldn't work on same day! Trust me I tried everything including talking to the manager and being very nice. They all booked their reservations as individuals so Disney had to treat them that way. My Dad thought it was hilarious.

forever a child
06-23-2010, 03:40 PM
LOL I tried that but it wouldn't work on same day! Trust me I tried everything including talking to the manager and being very nice. They all booked their reservations as individuals so Disney had to treat them that way. My Dad thought it was hilarious.

I would have been bunking with my dad!

White Rose
06-24-2010, 11:41 PM
Whoa, wait. How do you check in online? I have never heard of this!

Wall-e
06-25-2010, 03:13 PM
Sounds like on-line check-in is the way to go. My one question would be this: Would on-line check-in eliminate any possibility of one of those "magical" disney upgrades I hear about?

Thanks!

TammiMcMan
06-25-2010, 06:24 PM
Sounds like on-line check-in is the way to go. My one question would be this: Would on-line check-in eliminate any possibility of one of those "magical" disney upgrades I hear about? Upgrades are rare to begin with and checking in online doesn't lessen your chances any.

LudwigVonDrake
06-27-2010, 07:32 PM
I just did my online check-in today. I'll let you know if it saves anytime when I arrive next week :mickey:

Goofy Pluto
06-28-2010, 02:51 PM
How far in advance can you or do you have to do online check-in?

TammiMcMan
06-28-2010, 03:11 PM
10 days

pixiesmimi
06-29-2010, 12:10 PM
We did online check in last year and I was a little apprehensive about it since it was new. But we walked right around the check in line and right to the desk where a CM was waiting for us. They had put us in a building that we had not requested and I asked if we could have the requested building. She checked and at first said there were no rooms and then checked again and got us a room which was wonderful. Didn't take very long because everything else was done. The longest part was her telling us all about the ins and outs of the parks, which we already knew. So you can request changes, etc. at this line. When we left for our room, there was a line out the door for regular check in. We will be doing on line again this year.

Goofy Pluto
06-29-2010, 01:51 PM
10 days

So, wait... You HAVE to do it 10 days out or you CAN to it up to 10 days out?

And if you it's 10 days before you arrive, when can you do it up until? The day before? Two days before? Day of?

TammiMcMan
06-29-2010, 02:39 PM
So, wait... You HAVE to do it 10 days out or you CAN to it up to 10 days out?

And if you it's 10 days before you arrive, when can you do it up until? The day before? Two days before? Day of?10 days is the earliest, day before is the latest.

Mousemates
06-29-2010, 02:57 PM
Upgrades are rare to begin with and checking in online doesn't lessen your chances any.

We are proof positive of that...since we got an upgrade at the Beach Club last week and we had gone through the on-line check in process.