PDA

View Full Version : Which should I choose DL or Cruise?

Mrs.Mickey
06-21-2010, 04:02 PM
So next year my mother in law wants to take our family on a vacation. But we can't make up our minds of which vacation to go on. We are between a week long eastern carribean Disney Cruise with 4 days of the park afterwards. Or we would go for a week to Disneyland. I have been on a disney cruise before but only a three day one. We have never been to Disneyland however. Btw we are DVC owners and would stay BLT for WDW and Grand Califonian for DL. My daughter will be 1 1/2 when we go. Any input would help!:mickey:

faline
06-21-2010, 06:13 PM
What a fun choice to need to make! It's a tough one though. Personally, I'd probably pick the cruise only because I've been to Disneyland twice and have never been on the cruise!

NJGIRL
06-22-2010, 11:46 AM
I'm a big advocate for going places we have never been before so if I were you I would go to Disneyland for something different.

BrerGnat
06-22-2010, 01:06 PM
With a 1.5 year old, Disneyland for sure. She will be too young to go to the kid's clubs onboard the ship, and won't really get to enjoy the pools either (due to the swim diaper issue). You'll need a stroller on the ship, etc. Seems like too much of a hassle. I'd save the cruise for when she's older, at least 3 or 4, and completely potty trained, so she can enjoy the kid's clubs and pools onboard.

Disneyland is great for 1 year olds. I've been taking my kids there since they were only a few weeks old each, and it's SO baby friendly! Much smaller than WDW, easier to navigate (you can walk EVERYWHERE, and very quickly too). I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Grand Californian, and with all the new stuff going on at DL and DCA, I think DL is a better option.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to PM me. I practically live at Disneyland. :mickey:

Mrs.Mickey
06-22-2010, 01:10 PM
Thanks for the info guys! Still not sure whats going on but I think that the MIL will have final say.... shes paying for most of it! Either way I am sure that we will have fun