PDA

View Full Version : Tequilla Bar in Mexico

Disney_Barbie
06-21-2010, 12:47 PM
First off, anyone know where I can locate the menu? I know when we were there this past winter they had light snack kinda things (chips & salsa I know, perhaps other things as well... I can't recall) I was hoping to see a menu (one that encompassed drinks & apps if possible)
also, I was wondering if the tequilla bar is open during extra magic hours.
Thanks!

SBETigg
06-21-2010, 01:19 PM
Found this (sounds good!):

Food

Tostadas de Pescado: Fresh Atlantic mahi mahi tostadas, with diced mango and avocado, chipotle mayo, and Valentina sauce 11

Tostadas de Tinga: Roasted tomato and chipotle pulled chicken tostadas, with avocado, black refried beans, Valentina sauce, topped with queso fresco and sour cream 9

Tostadas de Jaiba: Seasoned blue crab meat tostadas, with chipotle mayo and Valentina sauce 11

Tostadas de Camaron: Acapulco-style shrimp cocktail tostadad, with guacamole 10

Coctel de Camaron: Acapulco-style shrimp cocktail, served on 4 shot glasses 10

Guacamole: Guacamole with side of fried flour chicharron drizzled with Valentina sauce 6

Trio de Flanes: A delicious combination of three different flavors of flan: chocolate, guajillo pepper, and margarita (made with tequila) 6

Pinata (non-alcoholic drink): The perfect blend of coconut, pineapple, and strawberry juices, served frozen 6

Sent you a PM of the site with full menu.

Jared
06-21-2010, 01:22 PM
I don't know for sure, but most restaurants are generally closed during evening Extra Magic Hours. I would be surprised if the tequila bar remains open.

I'm sure somebody else will come around who has a definitive answer.

SBETigg
06-21-2010, 01:29 PM
I don't know for sure, but most restaurants are generally closed during evening Extra Magic Hours. I would be surprised if the tequila bar remains open.

I'm sure somebody else will come around who has a definitive answer.

A lot of the Counter Service places are closed and the Table Service are winding down, too. But this one is more of a bar area, might be an exception? It's a good question. I think they would do well to stay open later, but I don't know if they do.

Scar
06-21-2010, 02:01 PM
Although it's hard to remember with certainty (tequila will do that to you,) I'm pretty sure I had a nightcap after Illuminations during EMH one night. Now, were talking 9:30 so I have no idea if it's open all night.

Rosemickey68
06-21-2010, 04:41 PM
Looking forward to trying this! Are you able to take your kids in with you since this is a bar? Thought we could get some tapas for all and me and the DH could sample the tequila or have a :marg:!

SallyP
06-21-2010, 04:57 PM
Yes, children are allowed in La Cava del Tequila. It is a small area with some tables and chairs. Not a huge selection of tapas but at least some food while enjoying the tequila of choice.

Jared
06-21-2010, 07:17 PM
A lot of the Counter Service places are closed and the Table Service are winding down, too. But this one is more of a bar area, might be an exception? It's a good question. I think they would do well to stay open later, but I don't know if they do.
You're right, the tequila bar probably would do great business during evening Extra Magic Hours, considering the demographics of people in the park that late. How better to make it to that midnight spin on Mission: SPACE than a few powerful shots of tequila and lots of cheesy, fattening Tex-Mex?

Scar
06-21-2010, 10:54 PM
How better to make it to that midnight spin on Mission: SPACE than a few powerful shots of tequila and lots of cheesy, fattening Tex-Mex?Certianly better than trying to do it the next morning... trust me. :ill: