PDA

View Full Version : Transport From Nick Suites to WDW

DisneyGiant
06-20-2010, 10:22 PM
Hi

I have a friend staying at the Nick Suites the same time we'll be at the Boardwalk.

They want to spend 2 days at WDW with us (MK and DHS). Twenty four more days!!!!!!!! :yay::yay::yay:

Does anyone know what their transport to and from WDW is like? How late it runs? Where the drop off is?

Also - let's say they stay with us til around 10 pm one night - does anyone know how much a taxi ride would be back to that hotel?

Thanks for the info!!!

faline
06-21-2010, 09:14 AM
Does that resort offer a shuttle to Disney property?

If not, their best bet might be to rent a car for a day or two.

You can figure cab fares here (http://www.taxifarefinder.com/main.php?city=Orlando).

Other options include a car serice such as Quicksilver (http://www.quicksilver-tours.com/).

DisneyGiant
06-21-2010, 10:17 AM
Thank you. This information is very helpful! :mickey:

DizneyRox
06-21-2010, 11:22 AM
It's been a while since I stayed off-site, so it's tough to remember, but I do remember a few things about shutles and off-site accomodations.

a. The schedules are often not very convenient. They don't have to follow any real pattern, etc.
b. The drop-off/pickups are usually in the middle of the Disney parking areas, UNPROTECTED for the elements. In 24 days, the weather WILL include torrential downpours and blistering heat.

For me, I wouldn't think about off-site accomodations without my own transportation. For a couple of days though, taxi might be a good alternative. Actually, check with Nick, some places charge for shuttle service anyway, it might be money better spent on individualized transportation.

Goofster
06-21-2010, 02:41 PM
DisneyRox is spot on. When we stayed off site back in 1998, the courtesy shuttle from the resort hotel had an odd schedule - once in the morning and once at night -- a few hours before the park closed. We ended up having a car and using that instead. If you stay off-site, you need a rental car. The benefit of staying on property is Disney transportation, which doesn't exist outside of WDW's gates!

bouncer
06-21-2010, 09:31 PM
Those who stay off site should be well versed on the bus schedule, be to the bus stop well before the pickup time and be prepared to sit and wait and wait for the next bus (if there even is one). We were stranded by 10 minutes because the bus was full and left early. Won't use anything but WDW transportation & stay on property from then on. We like not having to know how to get from point A to point B...WDW does it for us.