PDA

View Full Version : Anniversary Surprise Ideas?

Momto3littlemice
06-20-2010, 07:52 PM
Our next trip (9 months!) will help celebrate my parents' 40th wedding anniversary. We want to do something special for them to celebrate but are looking for some ideas. I don't think they will want to do something "alone" as they never get to see us - but what reasonably priced ideas do you have for giving them a surprise. So far I am considering a cake for dessert after one of our TS evenings. Anything else?
Thanks!:mickey:

faline
06-20-2010, 08:01 PM
While not exactly inexpensive, have you thought of a Wishes or Illuminations cruise?

Perhaps a fun dinner show such as Hoop de Doo?

A resort photo shoot with pics of the family?

caryrae
06-20-2010, 09:56 PM
Not sure how reasonably priced this is for you but it sounds kinda neat.

http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/gftea.asp

Simba 1
06-21-2010, 06:30 AM
We have given backstage tours as birthday and anniverary presents. We've done most of them and have loved each one. Prices varies, but you can get a discount when you use your Disney Visa. There are descriptions of the various tours on the Disney site. They are mostly for adults (16 and older I think). If you've never done a tour, Keys to the Kingdom is a good one to start with. It takes you all over Magic Kindgom, including underneath in the tunnels. You lots of history on the building of MK, Walt's vision, and hidden things that keep the "show" running.

Another idea - you can have flowers or some sort of gift basket added to your parents room at check in. That would be a nice treat.

Have fun!

Momto3littlemice
06-21-2010, 03:14 PM
Thanks! These are some great ideas! I really like the photo shoot idea, as I could see that being a great surprise for them. Since we have some young children in our party I don't think a tour would be right for us right now but I'll keep it in mind for future trips. :mickey: