PDA

View Full Version : Which hotel to stay at with 8 people?

AmandaChan
06-20-2010, 11:46 AM
Well after discussion with my brother and sister in law and their kids and my mother in law we decided to maybe try to go to Disney next May (for a total of 5 adults and 3 kids, 1 nine yo, 1 4 yo, and one 1 year old)

DH and I have never went to disney with anyone other than ourselves. I wish we could afford to stay at a moderate but we may have to take the cheaper option. Is Pop Century a good hotel for allowing you to get rooms next to each other? Is it worth it to get a suite somewhere and split the cost??? We would only need two rooms. What have you done in the past when it comes to traveling with a big group?

crazypoohbear
06-20-2010, 11:51 AM
If you want to stay on property the cheapest way is to get 2 rooms at a value hotel.
If you want to stay off property you might look into the all star vacation homes.

MuchLovedMama
06-20-2010, 01:30 PM
2 years ago when we went we were a party of 8. We stayed at POP. DH, DD7, DS5 and myself all stayed in one room. My mom and dad took my neice who was 16 and my nephew who was 13 and didn't want them to share a bed and they both wanted more space themselves so they got 2 rooms themselves. A total of 3 rooms for our party of 8. Theirs were connecting and we were right next door to them. Technically they could've been in 1 room though so you should be fine there and be able to get connecting room or side by side.

LVT
06-20-2010, 03:18 PM
With the Small beds at POP, we use 1 twin air mattress in a room for 3 of us. It worked well and we slept much better than when we crowed 2 adults on the bed.

Fastpasssteve
06-21-2010, 01:37 AM
Have you considered trying the Cabins at Fort Wilderness? They are lovely and can hold the number of people you're planning. One can acquire an extra cot ($5/day) You could also add an inflatable mattress for the youngest one. It's around $340 a day during May. Now, that being said, there are always deals to be found. So, check it out.

INTERCOT has info: http://www.intercot.com/resorts/disney/fortwilderness/default.asp

Cinderelley
06-21-2010, 04:19 AM
When we went with the WHOLE family and stayed at Pop Century, we had no problems getting a connecting room for our kids. Additionally, they put all the rooms for our party in a row. Everyone loved Pop. :number1:

DisneyWFan
06-21-2010, 08:16 AM
Actually the cabins only hold 6 max so that really isn't an option. However Connecting rooms @ any value resort would be a good option for staying on site as inexpensively as possible.

We stayed at ASMovies with connecting rooms for 9 of us (1 infant) & it was fine but we don't spend a lot of time in the room mostly in the parks.

pixiesmimi
06-21-2010, 04:35 PM
We have stayed at ASMovies with that large a group, connecting rooms. We are staying at the Poly this year with that many, two rooms, hopefully connecting. We may have one more joining us this time and if we do, we'll just switch up and girls stay one room and guys in the other.