PDA

View Full Version : POFQ Memorial Day Trip -Thurs

thejens
06-19-2010, 11:46 PM
Thursday, June 3, Epcot

We really did everything we wanted on our first day at Epcot, so today felt like gravy. We repeated our strategy of getting to the park at opening, getting a FP for Soarin’, and then walking on to begin our day with this beautiful experience. We then went to Circle of Life, mainly for Zac’s benefit. Next we stopped by Test Track to pick up FPs and enjoyed Ellen’s Universe of Energy. We haven’t done that one for a while. Ellen is funny, but I am not sure how much better any of us understand energy. We head to the World Showcase for the last Kim Possible Mission in Mexico and lunch in Norway. The sandwiches in Norway are very good! There was a lot of food in this counter service. Soup or salad, sandwich, choice of pastry and beverage. No one finished, but we all enjoyed it. I continued my search for one souvenir in each country for my niece and the boys added the last couple of jewels to their masks. Then, in the UK, the down pour began! We huddled in the shops for a while watching it and then finally decide to make a run for Canada. Our ponchos kept us dry on top, but all of our sneakers were drenched! The boys got their charm in Canada, but my niece did not get a Canadian souvenir this year! Finally it eased up a bit and we headed to the Land to Soar once more. It was only 4:00 p.m. We were not sure Test Track would be running, but it was! We had our last, fast, test drive experience and Zac was not even nervous this time! We decided to check in with Garden Grill to see if they could take us two hours early for our 7:30 p.m. reservation. They could! We enjoyed this meal with Chip, Dale, Farmer Mickey and Pluto. I wouldn’t necessarily go out of my way for it, but the food was simple and tasty and it was an easy way to see the characters.

#1disneyfan
06-20-2010, 11:25 AM
Thanks for sharing.

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-20-2010, 04:27 PM
Aren't the downpours terrible? We made a dash through WS once...and like you our shoes were SOAKED!!

faline
06-20-2010, 06:45 PM
Those summertime downpours can be so intense! You're really getting some good eating during your trip!

pdrlkr
06-21-2010, 10:38 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

KylesMom
06-22-2010, 03:00 PM
It's nice that you weren't rushed to accomplish undone things today - just your favorites. We find Epcot difficult to navigate in the rain -because the puddles get SO deep! So much for dry shoes . . . :D

We enjoyed Garden Grill for many years before they went to a dinner-only format. Now if we're in Epcot for dinner, we all insist on LeCellier - so GG is unfortunately out of our dining rotation for now. Happy to hear your dinner was tasty.

Oh no - I'm bummed that your trip is quickly coming to an end! :(

yjgirl32
06-23-2010, 11:57 AM
Thanks for sharing.

thejens
06-23-2010, 11:11 PM
Kyle" Mom...yes the puddles do get very deep! My troublesome pre teen really showed his true good citizen colors: on the way to Garden Grill from Test TRack we came upon a VERY deep puddle. We couldn't cross it without getting very wet and even drenching the stroller. I decided to go across the grass in a specific, less wet area. Ben realized that the problem was a drain covered in leaves. He reached into the drain and pulled all the leaves off until the water drained away! Now everyone could walk through! I felt very proud that he was such a good problem solver, hard worker and good citizen. I am sure his motives had NOTHING to do with the fun of playing in a puddle. :):D

DizNee143
06-24-2010, 11:51 AM
another great day in epcot!! lunch sounded plentiful and yummy!
that was so nice of your son to do that!!! :mickey: