PDA

View Full Version : Beach Club transportation

arm00leg
06-19-2010, 06:37 PM
Can anyone tell me how good the bus service is for BC? Closer bus stops at the parks because it's a deluxe resort? Important at the end of a long day of walking :old:Not as young as I use to be! Would it be better to rent a car? We've had not so great luck with the bus service at Port Orleans Riverside.

gerald72
06-19-2010, 06:45 PM
The farthest bus stop is closer than wherever you park your car.

moe513
06-19-2010, 07:49 PM
One thing I noted when staying at the YC. The busses are shared with the BC. The busses can be filled by the time they get to the BC.

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-19-2010, 08:12 PM
At park opening or closing, nothing can beat having your own car, as the busses tend to be quite busy, and you usually have to wait at least for a little bit.

But, having your own car can be a challenge too, depending on where you park, you might have a longish walk to the car, or have to take a tram.

We find ourselves driving more and more every time we go to Disney, just can't beat it.

CleveRocks
06-19-2010, 09:11 PM
It is NOT accurate that bus slots at the parks are arranged in order of the "level" of resort. In other words, it is NOT true that Deluxes are the closest, Moderates are in the middle and Values are the farthest.

And they change from time to time.

One proof (of many possible): when I stayed at Polynesian, the bus stop (shared with Grand Floridian and Contemporary) at Disney's Hollywood Studios was the second farthest away from the gate; the farthest away was the bus shared by the two Port Orleans resorts. So let's recap: the farthest away was for 2 Moderates, and the second farthest away was for three Deluxes. Like I said, this is just one example of the fact that bus slots are NOT arranged by cost/level of resort.

pokci
06-19-2010, 09:23 PM
Okay BC options: for EPCOT and DHS you will not use the bus. You will either walk to EPCOT and come in the backway or you will boat to EPCOT. For DHS you will either walk or boat. So, that's two parks you won't need busses for. If you have a park hopper and feel like walking, you can walk through EPCOT and get on the monorail to MK, again avoiding the bus. AK is always bus, even if you stay at AKL. :( I found the bus service to be good when I stayed at BC last year. Yes they might stop at YC, but it was still easy.

As for driving, the traffic out of the parks is crazy, you have to really pay attention to the road signs and all in all - why in the world would you want to use a car and drive when the transportation is free, you can sleep on the ride, and you don't have to know where you're going? :) IMHO, the only time one should use a car at WDW is to get to the Hoop Dee Doo Review. Though a boat from MK is so much lovelier! ;)

Harriet
06-20-2010, 01:18 PM
Okay BC options: for EPCOT and DHS you will not use the bus. You will either walk to EPCOT and come in the backway or you will boat to EPCOT. For DHS you will either walk or boat. So, that's two parks you won't need busses for. If you have a park hopper and feel like walking, you can walk through EPCOT and get on the monorail to MK, again avoiding the bus. AK is always bus, even if you stay at AKL. :( I found the bus service to be good when I stayed at BC last year. Yes they might stop at YC, but it was still easy.

As for driving, the traffic out of the parks is crazy, you have to really pay attention to the road signs and all in all - why in the world would you want to use a car and drive when the transportation is free, you can sleep on the ride, and you don't have to know where you're going? :) IMHO, the only time one should use a car at WDW is to get to the Hoop Dee Doo Review. Though a boat from MK is so much lovelier! ;)

I have to say one problem with your idea is if you can get a seat on the bus Lots Of Luck. Standing on a moving Disney Bus is pure terror in my eyes. These bus drivers drive like crasy manics. I've been hurt a few times so now if I can't get a seat on the bus I refuse to get on. CM'S don't like when you do this but too bad for them there not the ones who get hurt. Sorry for my vent but this is the one thing that BURNS me.

DizneyRox
06-20-2010, 02:37 PM
And it's worth mentioning, there are NO busses from Beach Club, Yacht Club and Boardwalk to Epcot or MGM. You will walk or boat because that's your choice. Not that it's bad, it's just your only options.

disneymom2000
06-20-2010, 07:25 PM
One of the things that hasn't been brought up was the use of taxi's. I calculated the cost of a rental vehicle compared to riding in cabs as needed. I have stayed at the Beach Club a few times and have never had a bad experience, terrible waits or overly crowded busses when getting picked up from the resort. However, a few times, after being in the parks all day, the lines to get back on the bus are pretty bad. It is at this time that I have chosen to catch the cab. It is definitely worth paying for and they drop you off at the door of the resort. Just another option.

BrerGnat
06-20-2010, 09:18 PM
One of the things that hasn't been brought up was the use of taxi's. I calculated the cost of a rental vehicle compared to riding in cabs as needed. I have stayed at the Beach Club a few times and have never had a bad experience, terrible waits or overly crowded busses when getting picked up from the resort. However, a few times, after being in the parks all day, the lines to get back on the bus are pretty bad. It is at this time that I have chosen to catch the cab. It is definitely worth paying for and they drop you off at the door of the resort. Just another option.

You're definitely right. However, having young kids squashes that option very quickly due to the carseat issue...

When we stayed at the BC over spring break (week before Easter) we though the bus service overall was very efficient. The only exceptions were going to Downtown Disney (which seems to be an AWFULLY long ride no matter where you are staying) and AK. The worst part of these two routes is having to stop at BB and TL on the way, and for whatever reason, this bus route was ALWAYS shared between BWI, YC/BC, Swan and Dolphin. On the way out, BC stop was followed by just BWI (as it had hit all the others alrieady). On the way back, though, having to stop at the Swan, then Dolphin, then YC, and FINALLY BC, just really irked me. Made the trip unnecessarily tedious. After the first time, we figured out that getting off at the Swan and walking was faster than staying on the bus. :thumbsup:

To MK the whole week, we always had a dedicated YC/BC only bus, both going and coming from the park. This bus never made any other stops. It was great. Might not always be this way; time of year probably impacts this quite a bit.

DizneyRox
06-20-2010, 09:54 PM
... After the first time, we figured out that getting off at the Swan and walking was faster than staying on the bus. :thumbsup:
You're giving away all my secrets!

You get off at the Swan, head into the building and go right through, once outside, hang a right and head towards the Boardwalk. Once over the bridge, hang another right to head towards the Boardwalk or keep going straight and you'll hit YC/BC.

Besides DVC it's one of the best kept secrets. Just don't tell anyone about the shortcut to AK from the villas OK?

DisneyGiant
06-20-2010, 10:39 PM

I have used taxis to get to other resorts - we had reservations at the Calif Grill - and opted to take a taxi direct to the Contemporary rather than go to MK and monorail over....

But how do you catch a taxi from the MK? Or any other of the theme parks?

As for bus transportation - my experience is that its always a long wait, when you're tired. Especially when its the end of the day.

One secret I learned last year - if you want to go to Epcot from DHS - you can take a bus instead of the boat! Its only 10 minutes - and no stops! I think there's buses to all the other parks from the other parks too......

kapeman
06-21-2010, 09:22 AM
The bus service to the MK is not bad at all.

If you can drive to the AK, I would highly recommend it. The bus trip back from there is a long one due to the multiple stops.

CleveRocks
06-21-2010, 01:35 PM
But how do you catch a taxi from the MK? Or any other of the theme parks?

No taxis at MK itself ... you have to go over to the TTC, and they'll be waiting there.

At all the other parks, taxis will be waiting near the entrance/exit/

CuteAsMinnie
06-29-2010, 11:38 AM
Just when you think you have it all figured out....

There are times when your bus stop will be #3, but then the driver drops you off at stop #16 and you have one heck of a walk. IMHO, it still beats driving. At some parks, your bus stop may be towards the front, other times in the back. It just depends. Keep in mind (like someone else mentioned) BW,YC and BC ONLY have boat service to Hollywood Studios and EPCOT. If you board the boat in EPCOT to head to the Studios, it is a 30 minute ride, minimum in a mostly closed boat with little ventilation. In taking the bus from MK, it stops at the Swan/Dolphin, YC, BC which makes for a very long ride.

But, when you are at Disney, you can not rush things. This IS your vacation and you need to sit back, relax and enjoy the ride.

:mickey:

acetate
07-01-2010, 07:50 AM
Thought of an additional question regarding a taxi. Has anyone ever taken a taxi from the Beach Club to the main entrance of Epcot in the morning? This would avoid a long walk through a closed World Showcase. We are thinking of doing this in September because of my mom who is 72.

DizneyRox
07-01-2010, 02:22 PM
There are wheelchair rentals, etc at International Gateway. I've found it's 6 of one, 1/2 dozen of another for the whole day at Epcot, it's a lot of walking no matter what.

But you're right, taxi to the front of the park will get you to Future World with less walking. It doesn't seem all that far at first thought, but it is quite a hike.