PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only 40-something that...

debandbub
06-18-2010, 07:43 PM
Is AFRAID to see Toy Story 3??? I am such a mush, and sob at the drop of a hat in movies, so much so that it's almost embarrassing! I know I'd lose it in the theater, but I don't want to miss out on what is sounding like such a special movie. Really- I am sure I'll see it, but I was just wondering- who else will 'fess up to being a wimpering sentimental fool??:blush:

DisneyPrincess21
06-18-2010, 07:50 PM
:blush: Don't feel bad, I'm not 40 but I do share your embarresment of crying during animated movies easily.

I cried in Toy Story 2 when they played the song "When she loved me" and they played the montage of Jessie being left behind after her owner grew up.

And don't even get me started on the song "baby mine" from dumbo. I still can't make it through that song without weeping. :secret:

cajundisneyfreak
06-18-2010, 08:38 PM
You're not alone.I'm the same way.I cried for Monster's Inc.,Up,The Princess & the Frog,etc.Can't wait to see Toy Story 3.I've got my kleenex ready.lol

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-18-2010, 08:51 PM
I'm not 40-something, but I'll be tearing up at Toy Story 3 too :blush:

SBETigg
06-18-2010, 08:53 PM
I cry at everything! I barely survived UP and was so glad we watched it at home instead of at the theater. I cry at commercials. I cried at the end of an episode of Everybody Loves Raymond once and I haven't lived it down yet with my family. I'm 41.

Briansmom
06-18-2010, 09:13 PM
ok, so just turned fifty a couple of months ago....I cry at ALL Disney movies and just about everything else as well, commercials (tv AND radio), too.

It's good for the soul.... :mickey:

Kim Possible
06-18-2010, 09:36 PM
If it makes you feel better, when I first saw the trailer and them saying Andy is going off to college I started to tear up, I still cry at that line (in the trailer, haven't seen the movie yet). Btw, I'm 20, so maybe it's the whole going off to college thing that gets me but I always cry in movies so yeah, you aren't the only one :)

KylesMom
06-18-2010, 09:41 PM
You're not alone. :blush: I am 40-something, and DS was a "Buzz Baby". That's to say, Buzz was one of his first words, Buzz was the theme of many of his birthday parties (including the cake), and Buzz Lightyear of Star Command was one of his favorite TV shows. Now that he's 12 1/2, this movie really hits home how quickly time goes. I know I'm going to cry - hence why, if the weather is decent, we'll see it first at the drive-in on Sunday night. :mickey:

cather74
06-18-2010, 09:56 PM
Are you kidding? For UP I had at least a box of kleenex for the first 15 minutes!!!! Along with all the other scenes from Toy Stories that everyone else has mentioned.:sob:

DisneyLuver91
06-18-2010, 10:32 PM
I'm 18 (I know, a far cry from 40), but I had to hold back my tears through the movie! I think it's because like Andy, I am going to college and just realized how the past twelve years went by... :(

My 24 year old sister wasn't phased... Not sure how that happened.

pianobabe
06-18-2010, 10:32 PM
I will be 40 in 2 months and 3 days (but who's counting). I KNOW I am going to cry :sob:at Toy Story 3. My DS just graduated :grad:High School and is going off to college. This movie is hitting so close to home it is :crying:heart-wrenching. DS has literally grown up with Andy. I am going to go see it in the theater and I am bringing the tissues with me. I don't care who sees me bawling:cry:. DS can't wait to see it.

bouncer
06-18-2010, 11:09 PM
I am 34. DS is 7. We just got home from the theatre. This is our reenactment: :sad::sob::pout::cry::haha::pout::popcorn::sob: No to be a spoiler or anything but it was sadder than I expected. Both of us in tears. He even wanted to leave 1/2 way through-he said it was too sad. Gave him the it'll get better schpeal to which led to the ending where we were both sobbing. Age had nothin to do with it. We are softies...

Disney4us2
06-18-2010, 11:23 PM
I am in the over 40 group... My eyes spring leaks at anything that tugs on the heart strings. The Hallmark commercials really do it to me as well.

DisneyPrincess21
06-19-2010, 01:01 AM
I am 34. DS is 7. We just got home from the theatre. This is our reenactment: :sad::sob::pout::cry::haha::pout::popcorn::sob: No to be a spoiler or anything but it was sadder than I expected. Both of us in tears. He even wanted to leave 1/2 way through-he said it was too sad. Gave him the it'll get better schpeal to which led to the ending where we were both sobbing. Age had nothin to do with it. We are softies...

First off, Love the reenactment!

Second, I was original planning on seeing this for my birthday, now I think I will wait and see it another time.

I am already feeling a little down and nostalgic about my upcoming birthday, and I know I am already going to be having a down day, so a movie that sounds as sad as you described, probably wouldn't be a good idea for an attempt to "cheer" my birthday up. Thanks for the heads up though.

SBETigg
06-19-2010, 06:20 AM
My kids went to see it with a bunch of their friends. When they got home, they told me that they cried. My nineteen year old son, who is pretty stoic and never cries, said he almost lost it three or four times during the movie. So, yes, be afraid. The movie seems to be hitting the emotional notes. They said it was excellent and I have to see it, but now I know I'm packing the tissues and I'm a little afraid of blubbering in the theater, too.

TysMomTink
06-19-2010, 07:38 AM
It definitely pulls the heartstrings. I saw it yesterday with my 3 year old DS. I cried!

disneymom15
06-19-2010, 09:13 AM
Heck, I'm tearing up just reading everyones posts:sob:

debandbub
06-19-2010, 03:36 PM
You guys are AWESOME for making me feel a little less weird! I am so glad I posted this. Now I know I'm not the only softie in the group. I will go and I will hold my head high as tears stream down my face- probably in the opening credits!
I am also the person you see tearing up as she enters MK each trip- but I know there are plenty others who do that too.
thanks again fellow Intercotees!

DisneyPrincess21
06-19-2010, 04:28 PM
You guys are AWESOME for making me feel a little less weird! I am so glad I posted this. Now I know I'm not the only softie in the group. I will go and I will hold my head high as tears stream down my face- probably in the opening credits!
I am also the person you see tearing up as she enters MK each trip- but I know there are plenty others who do that too.
thanks again fellow Intercotees!

:thumbsup: Don't feel bad, I cry everytime we are leaving the park on our last night. Sometimes even the second to last night, cause I know the magic is almost over.

kakn7294
06-19-2010, 05:48 PM
Hello, my name is Kathy, I'm 41, and I cry at Disney movies. I'm on my way to see it now and the tissues are in my pocket. :thumbsup:

Daisy'sMom
06-19-2010, 06:07 PM
I admit, I am way over forty something and I have cried during every Disney movie. I'll cry over this one too.:mickey:

5togetherWDW
06-20-2010, 06:34 PM
I was tearing up from the trailers, so bought the junior novel. My younger (12 year old) son told me it was "too sad" to see in theaters -- that we'd need to wait for the DVD. Sure enough -- I sat crying just reading the children's book!
I think with this movie, it isn't just the usual hormonal crying of our age. Yes, UP was sad and long term depressing for me; but - the Toy Story movies have been such a part of our lives -- that the heartache is just too close to home . . ..
I decided to wait to cry again to the DVD -- spent the ticket money on the video game instead. It is happy -- at least as far as we've played :)

Bethanymouse
06-20-2010, 09:22 PM
Saw it yesterday with my DH and yes, we both cried!:(

Kim Possible
06-20-2010, 10:14 PM
So, I saw it tonight, I cried for at least 30 mins. The beginning made me so sad, as did the ending, but it was a FANTASTIC movie!

kakn7294
06-21-2010, 06:25 PM
Saw it on Saturday. It w as a 2 tissue and 1 napkin film.

PopPhan
06-21-2010, 08:35 PM
OK....Just got back from seeing it about an hour ago....had noticeable leakage from around the eyes!!! May have to go see it again before the week is out!!

tyandskyesmom
06-22-2010, 10:30 AM
You're not alone. :blush: I am 40-something, and DS was a "Buzz Baby". That's to say, Buzz was one of his first words, Buzz was the theme of many of his birthday parties (including the cake), and Buzz Lightyear of Star Command was one of his favorite TV shows. Now that he's 12 1/2, this movie really hits home how quickly time goes. I know I'm going to cry - hence why, if the weather is decent, we'll see it first at the drive-in on Sunday night. :mickey:

We saw it at the drive in on Saturday and while the kids sat laughing and the husband sat smiling I was getting a little wet in the face too...when it was over the kids asked if I liked it and my reply was that yes I did but it was so sad! Tyler was a Buzz baby too and he is now 11 1/2 so I am right there with you on the hitting home thing! Tyler still has a rather largish stuffed elephant named Elle that still tags along with us on vacation, to the drive-in, and to bed every night. He says he is never giving her up and he is going to save her for his kids someday...not that any self respecting kid is going to want her, she really is not in the best of shape after over 10 years of loving, but after seein gthe movie, he told us that.

It was an awesone movie though and I am very sure it will round out out Toy Story library in the near future.

IloveDisney71
06-22-2010, 12:33 PM
I'm a year away from 40. I cried in Princess and the Frog and Up so I'm sure I'll cry in Toy Story 3. I always make sure I have tissues in my purse. I'm going to see Toy Story 3 with my two DD's who are both in college and they are sad that Andy's "toys" get sent away - they relate because they are Andy's age. They were talking about it the other day when we were at WDW. They were saying that they've literally grown-up with Andy. They are at the age where they are trying to decide what childhood things to keep and what they can part with so we may all be crying like big babies. We are making plans to go see it together. My DH will probably shed a few tears too. :blush:

ShanPooh
06-23-2010, 05:50 AM
I'm almost there (35) and I did well up when Andy was giving Bonnie his toys.
The one that got me was the Princess and the Frog. Got tears three different times during the movie.
I've to to say, after seeing Toy Story 3, I don't think my 9 year old DS will ever give up his stuffed animals! (Oh boy!)

Jeniflower
06-23-2010, 06:28 AM
I'll definetly cry when I see it. for goodness sakes I tear up at the thought of the end of lilo and stich - you know the bit "Stitch go in the ship now" so I will weep copiously at TS3

Granny Jill A
06-24-2010, 03:29 PM
Is AFRAID to see Toy Story 3??? I am such a mush, and sob at the drop of a hat in movies, so much so that it's almost embarrassing! I know I'd lose it in the theater, but I don't want to miss out on what is sounding like such a special movie. Really- I am sure I'll see it, but I was just wondering- who else will 'fess up to being a wimpering sentimental fool??:blush:

I'm 63 and I know that TS3 is going to be a 3-hanky picture for me. Disney/Pixar touches my heart with every production. I sobbed when Stitch was saying good-bye to his "family", and when Ellie died in UP. Oh dear.... I feel the waterworks starting.

hokies4life
06-25-2010, 05:40 AM
Let me start by saying I am pretty sure I've never cried during a movie before. TS3 had the tears rolling down my face at the end. :sob: My fiance however, was unaffected and kind of disappointed with the movie. :shrug:

TheVBs
06-25-2010, 07:51 AM
Oh jeez! :( I want to take my kids to see this but I really don't want to cry. It sounds like I'm definitely going to cry and I hate crying at movies!

pianobabe
06-28-2010, 07:55 PM
I finally got to see Toy Story 3 this past Saturday. I cried at the beginning. I cried in the middle. I cried at the end. I didn't feel bad about crying either. DH even teared up. DS and one of his friends (who both just graduated and are going off to college in August) both admitted to fighting back tears.

forever a child
06-29-2010, 08:06 PM
Cried like a Baby!:blush:

nicjohn3
06-30-2010, 11:26 AM
:thumbsup: Don't feel bad, I cry everytime we are leaving the park on our last night. Sometimes even the second to last night, cause I know the magic is almost over.

Glad I am not the only one--Continues until I plan my next trip!!

I'll be 40 in a month--cried too--Up and Toy Story 3--I don't feel so embarrassed anymore or afraid to confess it:blush: