PDA

View Full Version : Dream'nDisney's 25 Anniv. Trip - DAY 1

Dream'nDisney
06-18-2010, 12:03 PM
June 3 – 2010 –
This day finally arrived!!! We were up fairly early, and the sun was shining. All was good in the world because we were finally going to DisneyWorld! :mickey: I washed everyone’s sheets and made the beds, did a last minute walkthrough of the house to straighten up things, and unplugged the coffee maker, TV, computer, etc. just in case we had power surges from bad storms while we were gone (which I hear we did).
DH’s phone broke, so we stopped off to purchase a new one (don’t you just love spending money before you know you are going to spend a lot of money???) :spend: Also, my contacts came in. Yah!! I will be able to see on the trip without wearing glasses!
We drove to St. Louis airport without event (other than missing the long-term parking lot near the airport and had to make an illegal u-turn to get back on track).
Our flight arrived the St. Louis airport about ½ hour late, but we made up about 15 minutes of that on the way to Orlando. The flight was uneventful even thought he pilot indicated that we were going to run into some storms.
We had previously ordered food from Gardengrocer.com and I received a text prior to take-off that our food was already at the YC! It is so nice to have this grocery service.
Upon arrival at the Orlando airport, we located our luggage and proceeded to Magical Express. We were the first ones on the bus, so we waiting for a little while for the bus to fill up a bit. We didn’t arrive YC until after 10:00 p.m. The castmember checking us in was so sweet. I wish I could remember her name. Then came the beginning of the magic…. she announced that we were given a free upgrade to a waterview room overlooking the lake! :party::joy: In all our trips to Disney, this is the first time we have received a free upgrade. What a wonderful way to start our trip. I was almost in tears.
By the time we made it to our room, someone from Bell Services was already stocking our refrigerator with the groceries we purchased. We tipped him, and then went straight to the balcony to see what the view was like. It was a fantastic view (Room 4069). It overlooked the marina and the lawn in front of YC next to Stormalong Bay. I couldn’t wait to sit out there in the morning sipping my coffee.
It was about midnight by this time, and we were starving. We walked over to Picabo Restaurant over at the Dolphin. I’m so glad I heard about this food court / restaurant from my fellow intercotees. I couldn’t even eat half my pot-roast, but it was wonderful!!
We got to bed pretty late, but the beds were so comfortable. I have never slept that good the first night at a hotel before! :cloud9:

faline
06-18-2010, 12:32 PM
Despite the plane delay, you had a terrific start to your trip! Congrats on the room upgrade!

GeminiAngel
06-18-2010, 03:58 PM
Nice opening. sound like the begining of a great report. :thumbsup:

yjgirl32
06-18-2010, 05:51 PM
Great report. Thanks for sharing.

KylesMom
06-18-2010, 09:56 PM
Glad your travels were safe. What a wonderful surprise in the upgrade - and a bonus that you could go somewhere close to get a decent bite to eat after midnight.

Looking forward to your next report! :mickey:

#1disneyfan
06-21-2010, 09:33 PM
Sounds like a great beginning to your trip. Score on the upgrade!!

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-21-2010, 09:51 PM
Sounds like a good start to your trip! Can't wait to hear the rest :)

pdrlkr
06-21-2010, 10:42 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

DisneyorBust
06-27-2010, 08:16 PM
What a great way to start your vacation...with your first upgrade! Thanks for the report.

Bethanymouse
06-27-2010, 09:28 PM
Sounds like a perfect travel day! So nice to hear about the upgrade!