PDA

View Full Version : Les Chefs de France

#1disneyfan
06-18-2010, 12:10 AM
Anyone know if the menus on Intercot are up to date for Les Chefs de France? My family is very picky and my DD picked this restaurant for lunch based on the menus here. I looked it up in WDW website and that menu is not there. We picked lunch because it had the best choices for us.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Generally we eat same places every time, but this was a last minute trip...literally, we leave in 28 days. So ressies are a little tricky this time around!

tomatoe pie
06-18-2010, 10:54 AM
i was there in may and could not have been more disappointed.

i had lobster tails that had evidently been cooked ahead and heated over. they were so tough that to even cut them with a knife was difficult.:(

also, they had my favorite dessert, a souffle(which is hard to find). they do not let you know soon enough to cook the souffle. :mad: it takes about 25 minutes for prep. and cooking so they should let you know about that item in the beginning of your meal. i was very unhappy with my meal and the service.

MariMouse
06-18-2010, 11:30 AM
We have eaten here in the past and love it! I have ADR's for our upcoming trip. Their mac and cheese and creme brulee are wonderful! I think the menu listed on Intercot is fairly up-to-date. And Remy is so cute!:thumbsup:

KAT1811
06-18-2010, 12:02 PM
I just sent you a pm. Good luck! I hope your family loves it!!

TheDuckRocks
06-18-2010, 01:59 PM
There was a more current menu than the one here on Intercot when we were there in May, but the changes in food are slight and there has been an increase in prices. Do a google search and you will find it.

maryt01
06-19-2010, 12:15 PM
my least favorite, along with germany

Stu29573
06-20-2010, 07:47 AM
We love it! We ate there during Illuminations and sat next to a window. Very romantic!

Jared
06-20-2010, 08:13 AM
I like Chefs de France but don't love it. It is one of my favorite World Showcase restaurants, but that doesn't necessarily constitute praise considering my experience historically with Epcot dining.

The menu on this website is completely inaccurate. I suspect another poster has provided you a link to an updated version. If not, a simple Internet search should yield positive results.

As for the restaurant, I particularly enjoy the setting and atmosphere. It evokes the bustling and bright street cafes of Paris. And at lunch, you will have the opportunity to meet Remy from the film "Ratatouille."

The food is secondary. It's certainly not bad, but it's simply ordinary. The menu is extensive enough to please picky eaters, which is always appreciated.

Have fun!

#1disneyfan
06-20-2010, 10:21 AM
Thanks for all the info!

SBETigg
06-20-2010, 11:09 AM
It is currently making the top 8 in our Great 8 According to Us (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=171517) survey of dining favorites (still going on- another week to vote!). So, apparently, a lot of us love it.

Running_Bell
07-13-2010, 10:39 AM
hi... We have ADRs for Chefs in November. We found an updated menu online... 05/10, however, it didn't include the Prix Fixe 3 Courses Menu. This was the reason we made the ADRs... does anyone know if it is still offered?

Thanks!

amy-rella
07-13-2010, 11:42 PM
Oh no! I didn't realize that Remy only makes an appearance at lunch time! I better change my ADR fast or my two DDs will be disappointed!!!

r4kids
07-14-2010, 09:31 AM
Filet de limande saute avec haricots vert et tomates - Pan roasted flounder served with green beans and tomatoes. Includes choice of whole milk, 2% milk, apple juice or orange juice. Soft drinks available upon request, refills available. - $8.00

Filet De Perche Frit Avec Pommes Frites - fried filet of orange roughy served with french fries - $5.45

These are the kids selections? What is the second one?? Help....

PopPhan
07-14-2010, 09:50 AM
Filet de limande saute avec haricots vert et tomates - Pan roasted flounder served with green beans and tomatoes. Includes choice of whole milk, 2% milk, apple juice or orange juice. Soft drinks available upon request, refills available. - $8.00

Filet De Perche Frit Avec Pommes Frites - fried filet of orange roughy served with french fries - $5.45

These are the kids selections? What is the second one?? Help....

The second one (orange roughy) is a fried fish filet with fries...

azcavalier
07-14-2010, 03:32 PM
hi... We have ADRs for Chefs in November. We found an updated menu online... 05/10, however, it didn't include the Prix Fixe 3 Courses Menu. This was the reason we made the ADRs... does anyone know if it is still offered?

Thanks!

It was there as of May, because I ordered it. Onion Soup, Mac and Cheese, and Creme Brulee. Delicious.

As a matter of fact, my DW liked Chefs more than she liked the Brown Derby and the California Grill.

DisneyBunch5
07-14-2010, 03:35 PM
My family enjoyed lunch more than dinner there.

LandFan
07-14-2010, 04:26 PM
We prefer lunch here. We do like this place but probably would go elsewhere for dinner.

r4kids
07-14-2010, 04:48 PM
My girls won't eat either of those choices. We don't really like fish. Now were in trouble :)

LandFan
07-14-2010, 04:52 PM
My girls won't eat either of those choices. We don't really like fish. Now were in trouble :)
How about the toasted ham & cheese sandwich? It is really good and the kids might like it...