PDA

View Full Version : Anyone remember...

eeyorepoohfan
06-17-2010, 05:18 PM
:mickey:My mom and I were just thinking back to one of our last family trips to Disney World (us "kids" are all in our 30s now). It would have been in the mid to late 1980s. We remember going to a character breakfast on a docked boat. There was also an outdoor play area nearby. Neither my mom nor myself could remember where on Disney property this was or what it was called. :shrug: Does anyone remember this, where it was, what it was called? :confused:

cather74
06-17-2010, 05:46 PM
The boat was called the Empress Lily. The boat is now Fulton's Crab House and it is in Downtown Disney which is where that breakfast originally was located. It was our favorite breakfast! At least the boat is still there!:mickey:

Stu29573
06-17-2010, 05:50 PM
Yep. I still have our buttons from that breakfast!:D

eeyorepoohfan
06-17-2010, 05:53 PM
Thanks! I didn't realize it's where Downtown Disney is now! Do you remember when it changed?

cather74
06-17-2010, 06:26 PM
It closed in 1995 and reopened in1996 as the crab house.:sail:

eeyorepoohfan
06-17-2010, 06:47 PM
It closed in 1995 and reopened in1996 as the crab house.:sail:

:thumbsup: Thanks again! That's why I love Intercot, someone always seems to know the answers to my off the wall questions! :D

goofiecrazy
06-18-2010, 08:52 AM
Omg we went there 4 breakfast to as kids lol.... i can remember the playground outside as well and the 3 of us r in our 30s as well.

faline
06-18-2010, 08:55 AM
At one time, it was the only character meal offered by Disney. However, many more characters also appeared during the course of the meal. We took our daughter there when she was young.

lettripp
06-18-2010, 09:07 AM
I remember this :-) We still have our plastic mickey sailor cups from this breakfast...

MickeyLa
06-18-2010, 09:11 AM
Oh, I remember the character meal at the Empress Lily! With so many characters in one place, how great was that?! And that was back before there were so many meet and greets (at least as far as I can remember), so it was pretty special to get to interact with all the characters.

tomatoe pie
06-18-2010, 10:45 AM
i never knew that there was a character breakfast on that boat. i love to go to fulton's because i love the boat. it is just beautiful and the food is also good. i wish they would offer a buffet lunch or dinner so that you can try more items.:tasty:

it would still make a great place for a character breakfast or lunch.:mickey:

eeyorepoohfan
06-18-2010, 01:52 PM
:thumbsup:It was a great place!! I do remember seeing a lot of characters during the course of our breakfast! We used to pack the cooler with sandwhiches in the station wagon and had to eat nearly every meal from the car or off-site. We were a family of five and couldn't afford the luxuray of eating on property all of the time. So this was very special for us to be able to eat at the character breakfast! Such great memories there!! I am the youngest (was probably around 11 on that trip), and still enjoyed climbing and playing in the play area before or after the breakfast. My older sisters were a little too cool for that ;) I'm glad to see so many people have great memories of this amazing character breakfast!:mickey:

PETE FROM NYC
06-18-2010, 03:01 PM
That was our first character meal many, many, moons ago. Probably 1987. We have done a load of character meals since, but that one is always remembered as special.

Goofy Pluto
06-21-2010, 01:12 PM
That was one of the best character meals they ever had. I have great memories from eating breakfast there. I wish they still had that. And why couldn't they? Character breakfast in the morning, expensive seafood in the afternoon and evening. :D

SBETigg
06-21-2010, 01:24 PM
I loved dinner there, in the Empress Room. I loved it as the Empress Lilly and haven't been able to return since it has been Fulton's. It just lost a lot of the magic and charm, for me. The whole area was so different back in the old days before it became Downtown Disney. It was a quiet little place, Lake Buena Vista shops, with twinkling lights in all the trees. Just a few shops and restaurants, the marina, and the Empress Lilly.