PDA

View Full Version : what is the best area to stay at WL

mickeytravel
06-17-2010, 01:36 PM
Does anyone know what is the best room or floor to stay on in WL. I really want a renovated one.

KylesMom
06-17-2010, 01:40 PM
All rooms have been renovated, so you don't need to worry about that. :mickey:

What type of view are you interested in? Standard (overlooks service area), Woods View or Courtyard? Woods View & Courtyard View are an additional cost over the Standard View rooms.

Here's a recent post which should give you more insight:Wilderness Lodge Views (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=170259&highlight=Wilderness+Lodge)

kakn7294
06-17-2010, 02:46 PM
We were in a Woods View last summer. Our room was in the main lobby section, on the 6th floor above Whispering Canyon. Many people complain about the noise in this location but we didn't have any issues with it. WC was noisy but it was just a faint background noise and we only noticed it because I was listening for it specifically. It was quiet to sleep. Our "woods" view was actually of a service area with trees beyond. I could see the top of the Contemporary and BLT straight out and the parking lot, more trees, and the top of the Poly if I looked around to the left. My DH was so thrilled to be "in the lobby" as he called it that the view didn't matter. It was great to open our door to that magnificent lobby.

buzznwoodysmom
06-17-2010, 10:09 PM
:ditto:

We just added one night at WL before leaving WDW earlier this week. We didn't request any view, just took what was available. We were located right over the check in desk on the 5th floor and the view of the lobby as you exit the room was amazing. The view outside wasn't much to talk about. We looked out over the roof towards the bus stop, but being so close to the lobby made up for that. We actually ended up loving this location and would request it in the future. Once in our room we couldn't hear any of the noise from Whispering Canyon Cafe, or the lobby. We've also had a courtyard view and a woods view on past trips and I thought all were great.

#1disneyfan
06-17-2010, 11:53 PM
We too just booked WL and was about to ask the same question, so glad I found this post!

Any suggestions as to how to get a lobby room? I don't care as much about view as I do about convenience. Let's face it, at the end of the night, I do not want to walk forever to get to my bed!!!!!

Any suggestions would be great, Thanks! :thumbsup:

kakn7294
06-18-2010, 12:09 AM
We didn't ask, it was just assigned, much to my family's delight. You can request it on your reservation, contact them to reiterate the request a few days before your arrival, and ask again at check-in but with the way the resort is set up, it's really not a long haul to most rooms.

#1disneyfan
06-18-2010, 12:12 AM
Thanks!

buzznwoodysmom
06-19-2010, 08:56 AM
We too just booked WL and was about to ask the same question, so glad I found this post!

Any suggestions as to how to get a lobby room? I don't care as much about view as I do about convenience. Let's face it, at the end of the night, I do not want to walk forever to get to my bed!!!!!

Any suggestions would be great, Thanks! :thumbsup:

No matter where your room is located there won't be that much of a walk to your room. We've stayed way out on the Whispering Canyon Cafe side, facing MK and at first we thought it was far, but it really wasn't bad at all. The resort is very compact.

kemps@wdw
06-20-2010, 12:42 AM
Our 1st stay @ WL was in a woods view, and that's exactly what it was. Looking @ the trees facing the villas side. The 2nd was in a woods view facing MK, and we could watch Wishes from our balcony. The 3rd was woods view but our front door was right over WCC, and it was wonderful looking out over that stunning lobby and relaxing in our rockers (and it wasn't too noisy), and our 4th (and fave) was courtyard view, 4th floor, just above the pool bar. Great view of the entirecourtyard, the geyser and Bay Lake. As we utilize our balcony quite a bit, it was perfect for us! :thumbsup: