PDA

View Full Version : Home school week?

jrkcr
06-16-2010, 06:29 PM
Anyone know what this is? My 18 and 16 year old DD's just finished 12th grade home schooling, passed their ACT and SAT etc, and are off to college soon. :sob::joy: This is my mixed emotions...

ANyway, I would love to find out what this week is about. Still got DD10 going through home school with me.

Thanks!

forever a child
06-16-2010, 07:16 PM
If you google it, you will find the Sept and Jan dates. Doesn't look like it is a week but actually 3 days. Just glanced at the info and it seemed more for younger children. I have a Home schooler entering her Junior year but we wont be back until Dec. So we will miss both upcome times.

Strmchsr
06-16-2010, 08:17 PM
Since it's an official Disney site, I am allowed to post the link. Here (http://disneyyouthgroups.disney.go.com/wdyp/programs/programOverview?page=HSDProgramOverviewPage) it is.

BiloxiMom
06-21-2010, 10:01 AM
Does anyone know if the programs (specifically the art related ones) will be repeated for the Jan. homeschool days? I couldn't find any information on the site.

Strmchsr
06-21-2010, 12:32 PM
Hasn't been announced yet. That will probably come this fall.

magicofdisney
06-21-2010, 12:59 PM
I found out about this last year and was really excited about it until I saw the costs. Just like with everything else Disney, it "aint" cheap. We're season pass holders and I can't justify the added expense. We'll just continue to do as we always do and throw in the education you naturally receive while visiting the parks.

It actually amazes me how often I reference something at Disney while schooling my children. It's wonderful how they sneak the facts into the fun. :mickey:

BiloxiMom
06-21-2010, 04:19 PM
Do you know what the cost is? And yes, I reference Disney all the time in our lessons. I had a great one when I taught outlining.:thumbsup:

Strmchsr
06-21-2010, 10:16 PM
Do you know what the cost is?

Check the link above.