PDA

View Full Version : mickey car magnet

Jillirose
06-16-2010, 01:28 PM
I just passed a van from Florida, and they had a silver car magnet on the back, that was the mickey symbol with just the large circle and two smaller ear circles. I searched the internet and Disney store for Mickey car magets and couldn't find it.

Has anyone else seen them? Where can I get one? thanks!

ChipDale2708
06-16-2010, 01:43 PM
It isn't a magnet, unless they have come up with a better product. The ones I had were sticky on the back. I purchased two of them last year at the Emporium in the Magic Kingdom. Two because the first one I bought fell off the car within a week of putting it on and the second was purchased by a friend to replace the first one. After the first snowfall, that one fell off as well. Maybe others have had better luck w/ them.

Kenny1113
06-16-2010, 01:55 PM
That's interesting, I did not purchase it because it says that it is "permanent" adhesive.Too bad I took it literal. :(

btw they are sold at dtd as well.:)

misspriss
06-16-2010, 02:01 PM
I also purchased this from the $10 or less store at Downtown Disney. I believe it was less than $5. It is very cute, however mine did not stay on long at all. It stayed on less than two weeks!

missymouseworld
06-16-2010, 02:06 PM
Mine fell off too...the second one I purchased I put double stick magnets on the back and put it on the refrigerator. I wish they would make one like it for the car that is more secure.

KylesMom
06-16-2010, 02:23 PM
Ah, I'm glad to see I'm not alone in my failed attempts with these. I bought two at Sir Mickey's ($5.99ish each). The first I lost in my work parking lot - and the second flew off somewhere between home and Elkhart Lake last Labor Day. They look cool, but they are far from permanent! :(

Basket Mommy
06-16-2010, 02:31 PM
I bought one 3 trips ago but never put it on the car because I realized too late that it was adhesive and not magnets. I don't know how that escaped me in the store. It's still in the door compartment of my van.

Darbylew
06-16-2010, 04:56 PM
I think I have seen some car magnets at the
World of Disney store at DTD. I have a great
one that I bought a few years ago. It says been
there done that and going back with a few of
the Disney characters on it. I love it! :D
And I have been there, done that and going
back in October! :mickey:

Jillirose
06-16-2010, 06:01 PM
THanks!! Until they make it a magnet, I guess I will put off getting one :mickey:

LauraByTheSea
06-16-2010, 06:47 PM
I bought one 3 trips ago but never put it on the car because I realized too late that it was adhesive and not magnets. I don't know how that escaped me in the store. It's still in the door compartment of my van.

Mines in the glove box. LOL I bought it about 4 years ago and could never decide where to put it. Sounds like I should be glad that I didn't. It probably would've fallen off anyway...