PDA

View Full Version : DDP with Annual Pass

disneynarula
06-16-2010, 12:32 PM
Can you get the dining plan with an annual pass? We are looking at taking an extended trip back to the USA next year.

We want to spend two weeks in the area. One week at an off site location to visit US, Sea World, etc, After that we would spend a week only at WDW. We might want to do a few things at WDW when we are staying off property so I was going to buy an AP.

Can we purchase the DDP for our stay at WDW.

KAT1811
06-16-2010, 12:43 PM
I believe you can but might I suggest buying theTabels In Wonderland (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/dde.asp) discount carde instead. I inserted the link to the TIW informational page on Intercot. There you can see the details of the plan. Basically it will give you 20% off dining (with some exceptions). We find this a much better deal than the DDP. If you are hoping to pay in advance as to not have to worry about paying for dining on your trip you may want to consider putting the money you plan on spending on dining in a separate savings account or buying a Disney Gift Card and saving it for your trip. Good luck with whatever you decide!!!

Tygger7
06-16-2010, 01:25 PM
Yes, you can purchase the DDP with an annual pass. Tables in Wonderland could be a bigger savings, but be sure to check the list of restaurants it applies to....I thought it covered all of them, but it doesn't. I'm reconsidering buying TiW now for this very reason.

VWL Mom
06-16-2010, 01:31 PM
I believe you can get the DDP while you are staying on-site only. The TIW card would have the added benefit of being able to use it while staying either on or off site. Another plus of TIW is only one person needs to buy it and the discount applies to everyone in your party up to 10 people. I believe the valet parking at the resorts is still included for TIW guests too. Some of the major holidays are blacked out so you might check that.

disneynarula
06-16-2010, 02:13 PM
I actually don't even think the DDP is that great of a deal. I just like it because my DH is sort of cheap and would make us get the cheapest thing on the menu everytime we went out or make us bring PB&J in our backpacks. I don't mind it so much when we travel here in Europe but I want to LIVE IT UP when we go to WDW.

tomatoe pie
06-18-2010, 11:52 AM
i love the dinning plan.:thumbsup:

my grandchildren have gotten old enough (my grandson and his friends) to take off on their own and i like them having the card to eat with and not have to carry so much money with them. this has helped them learn a lot about tipping also.:D

we have also used the dddp and find it terrific. we do like to have breakfast and dinner at sitdown restaurants. :eat: it also has extra snack credits.

i wish there was a snack only plan. it would be perfect for faw at epcot.