PDA

View Full Version : Grocery Store @ WDW Hotels

Jessietoystory2
06-16-2010, 09:07 AM
We will be staying at the Poly in July. I would like to get some Milk, bread, water bottles, pop to put in our hotel fridge. We have never stayed on site this is our first time. Is there a store in the hotel or another hotel we can go to, to get this stuff?

GrumpySue
06-16-2010, 09:33 AM
We always order ahead of time from GardenGroccer and our supplies are waiting for us at the hotel when we arrive. Their service has always been great and it saves the trip to the store. I highly recommend them. :mickey:

Mickey'sGirl
06-16-2010, 09:39 AM
You can certainly easily obtain those items at the Poly. The fridge in your room is like a dorm fridge, so you wont have tons of room -- but enough for a quart of milk and pop and stuff. Easy peasy!:thumbsup:

Scar
06-16-2010, 10:01 AM
Prepare yourself for the sticker shock. $$$$$

Jessietoystory2
06-16-2010, 10:22 AM
Thanks for all the help. I was prepared for sticker shock. I wanted to rent a car from the airport for the day to go get groceries and then drop off the car at a Disney Rental location. My husband said it would probably be cheaper to just get them at the resort because adding the cost of the rental car to go get the groceries off site before we get to the hotel would cost more. Has anyone bought groceries on site before? If so, how much does a 1/2 gallon of Milk cost and a 2 liter of pop?

Mickey'sGirl
06-16-2010, 10:27 AM
I honestly can't remember... but it isn't an astronomical sum. We were buying milk and pop there at the end of May, and compared to the park prices, they were giving it away! You can also get a loaf of bread and some basic grocery items.

We opted for gallon bottles of water, then filled our own stainless steel water bottles to carry to the park with us (and in the room just poured glasses of water from the gallon jug). It was very cost effective (and eco friendly too!). The jugs of water might have been $2-3 .

crltkcagle
06-16-2010, 10:30 AM
A half gallon of milk is like 2.50 and a box of muffins ran about 3.50. They do have a nice little selection of a few groceries. It probablay would be cheaper than renting the car.

DizneyRox
06-16-2010, 10:58 AM
You may want to head over to the Contemporary for a better selection. I've found that the DVC resorts have a better "general store" setup. Not sure if the prices are much better, but the selection should be.

Also, Fort Wilderness is but a boat ride or two away and they have a great store for groceries.

We've done a grocery delivery as well as limo stop to pick things up. In the end, it's all just about the same. You may pay more on site but it will probably offset the grocery delivery charge, and then when you factor in the rental car costs, it's almost certainly going to exceed any "savings" you might see off-property.

VWL Mom
06-16-2010, 11:40 AM
We are using the Quicksilver with the free stop this trip. IMO if you are interested in picking up beer/wine/water in addition to the groceries it makes sense. If your only looking to p/u a few items than the resort should be fine.

wedoada
06-16-2010, 11:53 AM
We stayed at BLT over Christmas and the CR store had everything we needed. We had called ahead to GardenGrocery and probably wont do it again. The service worked and was reasonable but they substituted a lot of the stuff we ordered. We have several people with dietary issued so this didn't work for us.

The prices were "resort" prices but we didn'tthink they were too outragious. For lots of stuff at the "in resort" store you can also use up some of those snack credits that pile up if you're on the dining plan !!